strathspey Archive: test message...

test message...

Message 53206 · Patricia Ruggiero · 28 Jul 2008 04:57:42 · Top

...to see if EarthLink is delivering my messages

Pat

test message...

Message 53207 · GOSS9@telefonica.net · 28 Jul 2008 08:08:14 · Top

Got your earth link this morning.
Goss

test message...

Message 53210 · Patricia Ruggiero · 28 Jul 2008 15:30:10 · Top

Odd. I didn't. I'm not receiving copies of all my messages to the English list and the Organic Gardening list, and now it seems not Strathspey either.

Pat

> Got your earth link this morning.
> Goss

test message...

Message 53211 · Steve Wyrick · 28 Jul 2008 18:18:06 · Top

I suspect that the default on the new mail management software is to
NOT send a copy of your own message back to you, which I think is
different than the old software... -Steve

--
Steve Wyrick -- Walnut Creek, California

test message...

Message 53212 · Anselm Lingnau · 28 Jul 2008 18:26:05 · Top

Steve Wyrick wrote:

> I suspect that the default on the new mail management software is to
> NOT send a copy of your own message back to you, [...]

Nope, the software isn't programmed to make that distinction. Everything is
sent to all subscribers.

I sent a note to Pat earlier today saying that I checked my mail server logs
and that everything my machine sends to her is actually accepted by Earthlink
for further delivery. This strongly suggests that the problem is somewhere at
Pat's end rather than here -- maybe an overzealous spam filter.

Anselm
--
Anselm Lingnau, Friedberg, Germany ..................... anselm@strathspey.org
The streets are safe in Philadelphia. It's only the people who make them