strathspey Archive: Pretoria 35th anniversary book of dances

Pretoria 35th anniversary book of dances

Message 51280 · scitech · 25 Feb 2008 22:55:15 · Top

As was announced late last year, Pretoria Branch's 35th Anniversary book of dances, "Many Happy Hours", is now available.

The book contains 39 dances. We're privileged to include dances by Iain Boyd, Malcolm Brown, Duncan Brown, and the late Roy Goldring, two of which have tunes by Muriel Johnstone. All dances are published with original music, and the book is illustrated.

For those for whom South Africa is "the other end of the earth", the book can now be bought from suppliers closer to you. For you, this simplifies payment, and reduces postage costs and delivery times.

It is now in stock in the Leeds Branch shop ( http://www.rscdsleeds.org.uk/ForSale.htm ). For those in Europe and UK, it is easiest to buy it through Leeds (thank you, Christine). Please email sales@rscdsleeds.org.uk. The price from Leeds is £7.50 plus postage.

For those in the USA and Canada, TACbooks tacbooks@storm.ca also sells our book. Copies are still in the post on their way to them, but orders can be placed meanwhile.

For any other enquiries, please email Pretoria Branch rscdspta@postnet.co.za.

Irene van Maarseveen
Pretoria, South Africa.

Pretoria 35th anniversary book of dances

Message 51281 · Lydia Hedge · 25 Feb 2008 23:43:59 · Top

> As was announced late last year, Pretoria Branch's 35th Anniversary
> book of dances, "Many Happy Hours", is now available.
I have a copy of this book and there are heaps of interesting dances
in it. For different levels of dancers. And, at the back, there is a
wonderful index with info about what formations are in the dances
and what level dancer they suit.

I recommend it highly. Have taught several dances to classes here in
Nova Scotia already and they were enjoyed.

Lydia Hedge
Nova Scotia, Canada

Pretoria 35th anniversary book of dances

Message 51282 · WENDY LOBERG · 26 Feb 2008 00:02:52 · Top

Where do we get this book?

>From: Lydia Hedge <lydiahedge@accesswave.ca>
>To: Irene van Maarseveen <scitech@lantic.net>,Strathspey list
><strathspey@strathspey.org>
>Subject: Re: Pretoria 35th anniversary book of dances
>Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 18:43:59 -0400
>
> > As was announced late last year, Pretoria Branch's 35th Anniversary
> > book of dances, "Many Happy Hours", is now available.
>I have a copy of this book and there are heaps of interesting dances
>in it. For different levels of dancers. And, at the back, there is a
>wonderful index with info about what formations are in the dances
>and what level dancer they suit.
>
>I recommend it highly. Have taught several dances to classes here in
>Nova Scotia already and they were enjoyed.
>
>Lydia Hedge
>Nova Scotia, Canada

Pretoria 35th anniversary book of dances

Message 51283 · Volleyballjerry · 26 Feb 2008 00:07:21 · Top

In a message dated 2/25/2008 3:03:38 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
wendy.loberg079@sympatico.ca writes:

Where do we get this book?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Wendy, see the almost immediately prior (to Lydia's) posting (in great
detail) from _scitech@lantic.net_ (mailto:scitech@lantic.net) .

Robb Quint
Thousand Oaks, CA, USA

2050827?NCID=aolcmp00300000002598)

Pretoria 35th anniversary book of dances

Message 51285 · Marie Disiewicz · 26 Feb 2008 08:35:31 · Top

Hi to all
I have received my copy from TACBooks and it is loaded with really good
"stuff " and a really beautiful book of dances, music and artwork.
It is especially nice to see pictures of so many people.
Almost all of the music was written or arranged by Wouter Joubert but no
picture of this person.
The art work, design and layout by Wouter is very lovely and well thought
out.
Cheers
Marie

[...]

Message 51317 · Harris, Terry Lynne · 27 Feb 2008 07:20:01 · Top

Delighted that you like the book, Marie! There is a photo of Wouter
Joubert with "The Dance Wizard", the dance he wrote for Iain Boyd. It's
on page 15 of the book.

Terry Lynne Harris
Pretoria
South Africa

I have received my copy from TACBooks and it is loaded with really good
"stuff " and a really beautiful book of dances, music and artwork.
It is especially nice to see pictures of so many people.
Almost all of the music was written or arranged by Wouter Joubert but no

picture of this person.
The art work, design and layout by Wouter is very lovely and well
thought
out.
Cheers
Marie

This message (and attachments) is subject to restrictions and a disclaimer. Please refer to http://www.unisa.ac.za/disclaimer for full details.

St Andrews 2008

Message 51717 · ron.mackey · 2 Apr 2008 00:44:19 · Top

It seems to be the right time to start the list of thoise attending StA
this year.

I have heard that
Susi Mayr 2 & 4 Susi is obviously taking a quiet rest in between
efforts!? :)
Martina Mueller-Franz is there for week 4 together with 8 other dancers
from Germany including our leader Anselm!
As usual I will be attending for weeks 2&3

Who else will honour us ?

Happy Dancing :)

Ron

Ron Mackey
RSCDS London, Croydon & International Branches

St Andrews 2008

Message 51718 · George Meikle · 2 Apr 2008 01:29:12 · Top

Ron,

Put me down on your list for all four weeks as usual.

George Meikle (Dunfermline)
Lothian Scottish Dance Band

St Andrews 2008

Message 51719 · Angus Henry · 2 Apr 2008 04:30:35 · Top

Puka and I will be there week 2.

Angus

On 02-04-2008, at 8:14, Ron Mackey wrote:

> It seems to be the right time to start the list of thoise
> attending StA this year.
>

> I have heard that
> Susi Mayr 2 & 4 Susi is obviously taking a quiet rest in
> between efforts!? :)
> Martina Mueller-Franz is there for week 4 together with 8 other
> dancers from Germany including our leader Anselm!
> As usual I will be attending for weeks 2&3
>
> Who else will honour us ?
>
> Happy Dancing :)
>
> Ron
>
> Ron Mackey
> RSCDS London, Croydon & International Branches

Angus & Puka Henry
DARWIN, AUSTRALIA
Website: <http://www.users.on.net/~anguka/>

St Andrews 2008

Message 51720 · Andrew Smith · 2 Apr 2008 08:22:32 · Top

I will be there week 2.
Andrew Smith,
Bristol, UK.

> It seems to be the right time to start the list of thoise attending StA
> this year.
>

> I have heard that
> Susi Mayr 2 & 4 Susi is obviously taking a quiet rest in
> between efforts!? :)
> Martina Mueller-Franz is there for week 4 together with 8 other
> dancers from Germany including our leader Anselm!
> As usual I will be attending for weeks 2&3
>
> Who else will honour us ?
>
> Happy Dancing :)
>
> Ron
>
> Ron Mackey
> RSCDS London, Croydon & International Branches

St Andrews 2008

Message 51721 · Stella Phillips · 2 Apr 2008 09:26:30 · Top

Hello Ron
I'll be there week 3 as usuall & in the seniors
Stella Phillips
Dundee
> It seems to be the right time to start the list of thoise attending
> StA
> this year.
>

> I have heard that
> Susi Mayr 2 & 4 Susi is obviously taking a quiet rest in
> between
> efforts!? :)
> Martina Mueller-Franz is there for week 4 together with 8 other
> dancers
> from Germany including our leader Anselm!
> As usual I will be attending for weeks 2&3
>
> Who else will honour us ?
>
> Happy Dancing :)
>
> Ron
>
> Ron Mackey
> RSCDS London, Croydon & International Branches

St Andrews 2008

Message 51723 · Margaret Lambourne · 2 Apr 2008 11:27:08 · Top

I will be there week 1

Margaret
Nieuwegein,
The Netherlands

On Apr 2, 2008, at 12:44 AM, Ron Mackey wrote:

> It seems to be the right time to start the list of thoise
> attending StA this year.
>

> I have heard that
> Susi Mayr 2 & 4 Susi is obviously taking a quiet rest in
> between efforts!? :)
> Martina Mueller-Franz is there for week 4 together with 8 other
> dancers from Germany including our leader Anselm!
> As usual I will be attending for weeks 2&3
>
> Who else will honour us ?
>
> Happy Dancing :)
>
> Ron
>
> Ron Mackey
> RSCDS London, Croydon & International Branches

St Andrews 2008

Message 51724 · Jane Hewitt · 2 Apr 2008 13:15:59 · Top

I will be there week 4

Jane Hewitt
Pietermaritzburg
South Africa

It seems to be the right
time to start the list of
thoise attending StA
this year.

I have heard that
Susi Mayr 2 & 4
Susi is obviously taking a
quiet rest in between
efforts!? :)
Martina Mueller-Franz is
there for week 4 together
with 8 other dancers
from Germany including our
leader Anselm!
As usual I will be
attending for weeks 2&3

Who else will honour us ?

Happy Dancing :)

Ron

Ron Mackey
RSCDS London, Croydon &
International Branches

No virus found in this
outgoing message.
Checked by AVG.
Database: 269.22.4/1355 -
Release Date: 2008/04/01 05:37
PM

St Andrews 2008

Message 51742 · seonaid.gent · 2 Apr 2008 23:06:46 · Top

Don't think I'm going to manage a full week this year, but will be around and looking for party invites ;o)

Seonaid
Markinch, Fife

It seems to be the right time to start the list of thoise attending StA
this year.

I have heard that
Susi Mayr 2 & 4 Susi is obviously taking a quiet rest in between
efforts!? :)
Martina Mueller-Franz is there for week 4 together with 8 other dancers
from Germany including our leader Anselm!
As usual I will be attending for weeks 2&3

Who else will honour us ?

Happy Dancing :)

Ron

Ron Mackey
RSCDS London, Croydon & International Branches

Sent from Yahoo! Mail.
A Smarter Inbox http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html

St Andrews 2008

Message 51745 · ron.mackey · 3 Apr 2008 00:09:23 · Top

Don't think I'm going to manage a full week this year, but will be around
and looking for party invites ;o)

Seonaid
Markinch, Fife
-----------------------
Sunday evening, third week Seonaid, after the reception. ( well, I
assume there will be a reception)
OW6 I hope - as usual!
Happy Dancing :)

Ron

Ron Mackey
RSCDS London, Croydon & International Branches

St Andrews 2008

Message 51751 · Pia Walker · 3 Apr 2008 10:28:56 · Top

Me too :>) - although tour guiding for Danish tourists between 3-17 August mean I will miss out on some.

Pia

Don't think I'm going to manage a full week this year, but will be around and looking for party invites ;o)

Seonaid
Markinch, Fife

It seems to be the right time to start the list of thoise attending StA
this year.

I have heard that
Susi Mayr 2 & 4 Susi is obviously taking a quiet rest in between
efforts!? :)
Martina Mueller-Franz is there for week 4 together with 8 other dancers
from Germany including our leader Anselm!
As usual I will be attending for weeks 2&3

Who else will honour us ?

Happy Dancing :)

Ron

Ron Mackey
RSCDS London, Croydon & International Branches

Checked by AVG.

St Andrews 2008

Message 51979 · Eva-Maria Beckmann · 13 Apr 2008 11:20:29 · Top

Hi all together,

I am there in the 2nd week ;)

Greetings from Cologne, Eva

[...]

Unbegrenzter Speicherplatz für Ihr E-Mail Postfach? Jetzt aktivieren!
*http://freemail.web.de/club/landingpage.htm/?mc=025555* [http://freemail.web.de/club/landingpage.htm/?mc=025555]

St Andrews 2008 - Attenders List.

Message 52454 · ron.mackey · 16 May 2008 01:05:44 · Top

Hello,

This is the St Andrews list as I have it so far 15/5/08

George Meikle all 4 weeks

Margaret Lambourne Week 1

Andrew Smith Week 2

Angus & Puka Henry Week 2

Eva-Marie Beckmann Week 2

Roberta Gotfried Weeks 2 & 3

Susi Mayr Weeks 2 & 4 !!

Stella Phillips Week 3

Fran Smith Weeks 3 & 4

Jane Hewitt (Pietermaritzburg) Week 4

Martina Mueller Franz (+ 8 0ther dancers from Germany) Week 4

Anselm Lignau Week 4

And - Pia and Seonaid will be lurking round the fringes.

Happy Dancing :)

Ron

Ron Mackey
RSCDS London, Croydon & International Branches

St Andrews 2008 - Attenders List.

Message 52459 · Roberta Gotfried · 17 May 2008 09:12:27 · Top

Ron: minor correction - I'll be there Weeks 3 &4.

Cheers,
Roberta Gotfried

On 5/15/08, Ron Mackey <ron.mackey@talktalk.net> wrote:

> Hello,
> This is the St Andrews list as I have it so far 15/5/08
>
> George Meikle all 4 weeks
>
> Margaret Lambourne Week 1
>
> Andrew Smith Week 2
>
> Angus & Puka Henry Week 2
>
> Eva-Marie Beckmann Week 2
>
> Roberta Gotfried Weeks 2 & 3
>
> Susi Mayr Weeks 2 & 4 !!
>
> Stella Phillips Week 3
>
> Fran Smith Weeks 3 & 4
>
> Jane Hewitt (Pietermaritzburg) Week 4
>
> Martina Mueller Franz (+ 8 0ther dancers from Germany) Week 4
> Anselm Lignau Week 4
> And - Pia and Seonaid will be lurking round the fringes.
>
> Happy Dancing :)
>
> Ron
>
> Ron Mackey
> RSCDS London, Croydon & International Branches

St Andrews 2008 - Attenders List.

Message 52474 · ron.mackey · 18 May 2008 04:01:28 · Top

> Ron: minor correction - I'll be there Weeks 3 &4.
>
> Cheers,
> Roberta Gotfried

Noted!

St Andrews 2008 - Attenders List.

Message 52465 · Helen Brown · 17 May 2008 17:56:14 · Top

Ron,

Malcolm Brown
Duncan Brown
Laura Brown
Lyndsey Brown

will all be there week 4.

Helen and Alasdair will be childminding in St Andrews!

Helen

Helen C N Brown
York, UK