strathspey Archive: IVFDF 2007

IVFDF 2007

Message 48106 · seonaid.gent · 13 Feb 2007 11:45:09 · Top

Hello,

The Inter Varisty Folk Dance Festival would like to invite you to come and join them at this years festival on Fri 2nd March - Sun 4th March in Edinburgh.

A wide number of events will be running over the weekend including dances, workshops and displays. For full information about the events see our website at http://www.ivfdf2007.org

All this is available at the bargain price of £15 students or £24 waged. Tickets are also available for individual events. For example you can buy a Saturday night ticket for £6 which gives you entry to the Scottish Dance with Sandy Leggat (see programme below) and also a Ceilidh, Contra Dance and Swing Dance.

Another highlight is the Saturday afternoon Display ceilidh where all the uni groups present put on a display of thier type of dancing interspersed with dances for everyone.

If you want any more information, give me a shout. Otherwise, look forward to seeing lots of you there,

Seonaid
Markinch, Fife

Dunedin Festival Dance Reel 4x32 Dunedin IV
St Andrews Fair Jig 8x32 RSCDS 1982
Monymusk Strathspey 8x32 SCDS XI
Reel of the Royal Scots Reel 8x32 RSCDS Leaflet
C'Est l'Amour Jig 8x32 RSCDS XXXIV
The Garry Strathspey Strathspey 4x32 Cosh
Diamond Jubilee Jig 4x32 RSCDS XXXI
The Highland Rambler Reel 8x40 Leeds SJ

Interval

Swiss Lassie Reel 8x32 RSCDS XXXIX
The Bees of Maggieknockater Jig 4x32 Drewry
Gang The Same Gate Strathspey 8x32 RSCDS XXXVI
Nottingham Lace Reel 96bars Bradley
Quarries' Jig Jig 4x32 RSCDS XXXVI
Schiehallion Medley 96S 96R Thurston
The Weathercock Jig 4x32 Leeds SJ
Autumn in Appin Strathspey 4x32 RSCDS XXXI
Follow Me Home Jig 8x32 RSCDS XXXVIII
Mairi's Wedding Reel 8x40 Cosh

---------------------------------

Newcastle competiton: anybody with a camcorder?

Message 48157 · Andrea Re · 26 Feb 2007 23:39:18 · Top

Hi all,

I was wondering if there was anybody who has some of the performances
from the competition on video. I wouldn't mind seeing what is available.
If this person could post their videos on, say, YouTube I, and I am sure
others as well, would be very grateful indeed.

Andrea (fae Dundee)

Newcastle competiton: anybody with a camcorder?

Message 48158 · Sophie Rickebusch · 27 Feb 2007 00:15:12 · Top

There is a video of Newcastle Branch team's display on YouTube (try
searching for "Newcastle festival", I think that's how I found it). I know
there are a couple of videos of the International team and we had talked of
putting them on YouTube, but I haven't seen anything there yet... will pass
on your message though.

Sophie
--
Sophie Rickebusch