strathspey Archive: New year's resolution

New year's resolution

Message 47747 · Ian Brockbank · 4 Jan 2007 11:43:29 · Top

Hi All,

Happy New Year! Best wishes for 2007.

I don't normally make my New Year's resolutions this publically, but it
affects the service I will be (and have been) offering to you.

Over the past year and a half I have struggled to keep up with updates
to the Grand Chain site, since everything has to be entered by hand in
raw HTML. I got behind when moving the RSCDS site to Plone in 2005 and
haven't managed to catch up since, and now the update requests are
coming in faster than I can process them.

So firstly an apology to all those of you whose updates are in the 200
or so requests that I haven't got round to dealing with yet (it's not
for want of trying - as you can see from the amount in the What's
Changed
http://www.scottishdance.net/WhatsChanged.html ).

Secondly, things have now got to the point I will have to take time out
to redevelop my site so that a lot of the gruntwork is done for me and
all I need to do is review and approve submissions.

This means there will be a further delay before I can get round to the
updates and any new updates. I will still try to process events within
a week of receiving them (as long as they're submitted using one of the
2 forms http://www.scottishdance.net/events/providing-info/ and
http://www.scottishdance.net/events/providing-info/event-details-form.ht
ml )
and if you have an urgent amendment to your information let me know and
I will do my best, but on the whole additions and major changes will
have
to wait until the new site is running. I'm hoping it will only take me
a couple of months.

Of course, the existing site is still there with all its information
for you to refer to during this time. Once the new site is up and
running I will let you know.

Cheers,

Ian Brockbank
Edinburgh, Scotland
ian@scottishdance.net
http://www.scottishdance.net/

Privacy & Confidentiality Notice
This message and any attachments contain privileged and confidential information that is intended solely for the person(s) to whom it is addressed. If you are not an intended recipient you must not: read; copy; distribute; discuss; take any action in or make any reliance upon the contents of this message; nor open or read any attachment. If you have received this message in error, please notify us as soon as possible on the following telephone number and destroy this message including any attachments. Thank you.
Wolfson Microelectronics plc
Tel: +44 (0)131 272 7000
Fax: +44 (0)131 272 7001
Web: www.wolfsonmicro.com

Registered in Scotland

Company number SC089839

Registered office:

Westfield House, 26 Westfield Road, Edinburgh, EH11 2QB, UK

New year's resolution

Message 47749 · ron.mackey · 4 Jan 2007 21:28:38 · Top

On 4 Jan 2007 at 10:43, Ian Brockbank wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Happy New Year! Best wishes for 2007.
>
> I don't normally make my New Year's resolutions this publically, but it
> affects the service I will be (and have been) offering to you.
>
> Over the past year and a half I have struggled to keep up with updates
> to the Grand Chain site, since everything has to be entered by hand in
> raw HTML.

I think this is another Gentleman to whom we should offer a
vote of thanks. It's hard enough to do a day job, keep up with the
dancing and just read/reply to the mail on S'pey without attempting to
offer a volountary service of such a wideranging operation and all
because of one's commitment to The Cause!
Thanks Ian.
Happy Dancing

Ron Mackey

London, Croydon and International Branches

New year's resolution

Message 47750 · campbell · 5 Jan 2007 09:53:02 · Top

I dont know how he, Anselm and Alan do it. My sincere thanks to all of
them. They add a dimension to SCD which I doubt other forms of dance can
emulate and all voluntary! Amazing.

Campbell Tyler
Cape Town

> I think this is another Gentleman to whom we should offer a
> vote of thanks. It's hard enough to do a day job, keep up with the
> dancing and just read/reply to the mail on S'pey without attempting to
> offer a volountary service of such a wideranging operation and all
> because of one's commitment to The Cause!
> Thanks Ian.
> Happy Dancing
>
> Ron Mackey

New year's resolution

Message 47751 · Dick&Maureen Daniel · 5 Jan 2007 14:06:38 · Top

Totally agree Campbell.
I would like to add my appreciation of the obviously massive amount of work
undertaken by Anselm and co. behind the scenes, to keep Strathspey Server
running and current. They undoubtedly host the best forum for SCD/Ceilidh
discussion, on or off the Web. That doesn't even include all the other
facets of the site.
Regards, and thanks to all concerned,
Dick Daniel