strathspey Archive: Cairn Edward

Previous thread: Dance(s) with ten-bar phrasing: another
Next thread: Auld Lang Syne

Cairn Edward

Message 47676 · Stephen Coombs · 27 Dec 2006 20:53:47 · Top

Can someone kindly tell me the wording for bars 13-18 of this dance.

Thanks,

Steve

Cairn Edward

Message 47677 · Parbleuoui · 27 Dec 2006 22:01:53 · Top

In einer eMail vom 27.12.2006 20:55:11 Westeuropäische Normalzeit schreibt
shcoombs@cogeco.ca:

> Can someone kindly tell me the wording for bars 13-18 of this dance.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Steve=

Yes, please! I can't get it straight!
What I've got is:
13-18 1s set to 1st corners & turn partner LH to face 2nd corners

but Peter wrote:
the Turn CPCP is 3 bars each turn which is infinitely more civilized then
the norm.

Thanks
Gabrielle

Cairn Edward

Message 47683 · Peter McClure · 27 Dec 2006 22:49:08 · Top

>
>What I've got is:
> 13-18 1s set to 1st corners & turn partner LH to face 2nd corners

I have no idea where this came from, but see below.

>but Peter wrote:
> the Turn CPCP is 3 bars each turn which is infinitely more civilized then
>the norm.

Direct quote from p3 of The Galloway Album, by Hugh Foss, which is my
source for the dance:

13-15 1st couple turn first corners by the right hand (see Fig 2),
16-18 Each other by the left hand,
19-21 Second corners by the right hand, and
22-24 Cross to own sides giving left hands.

I won't try to reproduce Fig 2. :>)

I hope that clears it up. I would be very interested to know the
source of the incorrect version given above.

Peter McClure
Winnipeg, MB

>Thanks
>Gabrielle

Cairn Edward

Message 47685 · Stephen Coombs · 27 Dec 2006 23:45:49 · Top

Thanks to all those who responded to my request for information on bars 13 to 18 of Cairn Edward.

Now can anyone tell me how to get hold of a copy of Galloway Album, by Hugh Foss - I looked in TACBooks catalogue, but couldn't find it.

Steve

Cairn Edward

Message 47705 · ron.mackey · 28 Dec 2006 23:55:04 · Top

On 27 Dec 2006 at 17:45, Stephen Coombs wrote:

> Now can anyone tell me how to get hold of a copy of Galloway Album, by
> Hugh Foss - I looked in TACBooks catalogue, but couldn't find it.
>
> Steve

Hi, Steve
You might try Lewis Innes at SNDC. He took over all
the Foss publications after the Archives closed down.

His address is
kelpi@sndc.i-way.co,uk

regards
Ron

Cairn Edward

Message 47710 · Stephen Coombs · 29 Dec 2006 01:14:40 · Top

Thanks Ron.

Steve

----- Original Message -----
From: <ron.mackey@btinternet.com>
To: "SCD news and discussion" <strathspey@strathspey.org>
Sent: Thursday, December 28, 2006 5:55 PM
Subject: Re: Cairn Edward

> On 27 Dec 2006 at 17:45, Stephen Coombs wrote:
>
>> Now can anyone tell me how to get hold of a copy of Galloway Album, by
>> Hugh Foss - I looked in TACBooks catalogue, but couldn't find it.
>>
>> Steve
>
> Hi, Steve
> You might try Lewis Innes at SNDC. He took over all
> the Foss publications after the Archives closed down.
>
> His address is
> kelpi@sndc.i-way.co,uk
>
> regards
> Ron
>

Previous thread: Dance(s) with ten-bar phrasing: another
Next thread: Auld Lang Syne
A Django site.