strathspey Archive: Dance instructions needed

Dance instructions needed

Message 45801 · Audrey & Robin Emmett · 24 Jul 2006 05:27:44 · Top

One of our teachers has recently bought a Cd called "Jig For Joy" by The Music Makers. On it are tunes for 3 dances which we do not have the instructions for. Can anyone advise where we might be able to get them?

The dances are:

Fire in the Rye 6x32 reel by Elizabeth Weiss Ozorak
The Clarsach 4x32 jig by Marilyn Blaschke
Crabbit Shona 6x32 jig - deviser unknown

Thank you in anticipation...

Audrey Emmett
Perth, Western Australia.

Dance instructions needed

Message 45802 · Nachteule7 · 24 Jul 2006 07:11:06 · Top

In einer eMail vom 24.07.2006 05:30:44 Westeuropäische Normalzeit schreibt
emmra@iinet.net.au:

One of our teachers has recently bought a Cd called "Jig For Joy" by The
Music Makers. On it are tunes for 3 dances which we do not have the
instructions for. Can anyone advise where we might be able to get them?

The dances are:

Fire in the Rye 6x32 reel by Elizabeth Weiss Ozorak
The Clarsach 4x32 jig by Marilyn Blaschke
Crabbit Shona 6x32 jig - deviser unknown

Here in Germany "Fire in the Rye" is a well known dance, which you can find
regularly on dance programs. But I'm curious about the sources for the other
two dances as well, and also would like to know where I could get copies.

Martina
Langenfeld/Germany

Dance instructions needed

Message 45807 · elissa h · 24 Jul 2006 13:42:47 · Top

I'm not sure I am going to be much help...but I will try.

I have done The Clarsach in my dance class in Cleveland, Oh. If my
memory serves me correctly, there is a track in it that outlines the
celtic harp. Marilyn Blaschke was active in the Georgia area,
perhaps a member from that area can help you get in touch with her to
get the directions. I know it is not on minicrib because I looked
for it before.

Fire in the Rye is a very popular dance in Ohio. It can be done as a
3 (4) couple set or as a 6 couple set. It is more fun as a 6 couple!

The Music Makars have a new CD coming out soon. I love their music
and can't wait to get it!

Again, not much help...but perhaps a starting point for your search.

Elissa

On Jul 24, 2006, at 1:11 AM, Nachteule7@aol.com wrote:

> In einer eMail vom 24.07.2006 05:30:44 Westeuropäische Normalzeit
> schreibt
> emmra@iinet.net.au:
>
> One of our teachers has recently bought a Cd called "Jig For Joy"
> by The
> Music Makers. On it are tunes for 3 dances which we do not have the
> instructions for. Can anyone advise where we might be able to get
> them?
>
> The dances are:
>
> Fire in the Rye 6x32 reel by Elizabeth Weiss Ozorak
> The Clarsach 4x32 jig by Marilyn Blaschke
> Crabbit Shona 6x32 jig - deviser unknown
>

> Here in Germany "Fire in the Rye" is a well known dance, which you
> can find
> regularly on dance programs. But I'm curious about the sources for
> the other
> two dances as well, and also would like to know where I could get
> copies.
>
> Martina
> Langenfeld/Germany

Dance instructions needed

Message 45808 · Alasdair Graham · 24 Jul 2006 14:01:19 · Top

For "Crabbit Shona" see http://www.strathspey.org/archive/thread?s=12277

"Fire in the Rye" is available as a leaflet from TAC (according to their
catalogue)

"The Clarsach" see http://www.strathspey.org/archive/msg?m=20465

Hope this is of help.

Alasdair Graham,
Dumbarton, Scotland.

In einer eMail vom 24.07.2006 05:30:44 Westeuropäische Normalzeit schreibt
emmra@iinet.net.au:

One of our teachers has recently bought a Cd called "Jig For Joy" by The
Music Makers. On it are tunes for 3 dances which we do not have the
instructions for. Can anyone advise where we might be able to get them?

The dances are:

Fire in the Rye 6x32 reel by Elizabeth Weiss Ozorak
The Clarsach 4x32 jig by Marilyn Blaschke
Crabbit Shona 6x32 jig - deviser unknown

Here in Germany "Fire in the Rye" is a well known dance, which you can find
regularly on dance programs. But I'm curious about the sources for the
other
two dances as well, and also would like to know where I could get copies.

Martina
Langenfeld/Germany

Dance instructions needed

Message 45809 · Anselm Lingnau · 24 Jul 2006 14:05:59 · Top

Alasdair Graham wrote:

> "Fire in the Rye" is available as a leaflet from TAC (according to their
> catalogue)

See also http://www.strathspey.org/archive/msg?m=12078 .

That is the version we do here in Germany, anyway. Maybe someone with the TAC
leaflet could compare the two and advise us of any differences.

Anselm
--
Anselm Lingnau, Frankfurt, Germany ..................... anselm@strathspey.org
Your buggestions are welcome. -- Richard Stallman, *GNU Emacs Manual*

Dance instructions needed

Message 45814 · Peter Price · 24 Jul 2006 21:02:04 · Top

The Clarsach is from the book "Gretchen's Fancy" by Ted and Marilyn
Blaschke, Atlanta Branch RSCDS, Atlanta, GA USA
Probably available through TAC Books (Teacher's Association (Canada)).

Peter

On 7/23/06, Audrey Emmett <emmra@iinet.net.au> wrote:
> One of our teachers has recently bought a Cd called "Jig For Joy" by The Music Makers. On it are tunes for 3 dances which we do not have the instructions for. Can anyone advise where we might be able to get them?
>
> The dances are:
>
> Fire in the Rye 6x32 reel by Elizabeth Weiss Ozorak
> The Clarsach 4x32 jig by Marilyn Blaschke
> Crabbit Shona 6x32 jig - deviser unknown
>
> Thank you in anticipation...
>
> Audrey Emmett
> Perth, Western Australia.

Dance instructions needed

Message 45825 · Rebecca Sager · 27 Jul 2006 16:03:20 · Top

Isn't it wonderful to have these archives? I'd forgotten what we danced to the Crabbit Shona set at the Southern Celebration of Jig For Joy back in '98! Since then, what I mostly use that music for is a dance by Iain Boyd - The Sorcerer's Apprentice. It's a good warmup done as a 2-couple dance in 3-couple sets.
I ran off a few copies recently of our old Branch book, Atlanta Fare, and couldn't remember how I'd modified the rather convoluted medley I devised back then, I Shall Return, and there it is in the same archival posting Alasdair dug up!

Becky

Becky Sager
Marietta GA USA