strathspey Archive: Identifying Music/Musician

Identifying Music/Musician

Message 45653 · Alan Paterson · 25 Jun 2006 14:38:51 · Top

Some time back I posted a message asking if anyone could recognise a
sequence of tracks which I have on cassette tape.

I haven't had a great deal of success yet in identifying these so I am
now asking all you good people for assistance in another way.

I have posted two of the tracks (noted on the tape as Coppins Crossing
and Sharing and Caring - both of which are not known to have been
recorded) and am looking for musical experts to take a listen and see
what they can discover. Perhaps someone might recognise the tunes?
Perhaps the musicians? They are at least 15 years old.

Beware though. Each track is a bit more then 2MB in size. They are:

http://www.paterson.ch/Track_1.wma (Coppins Crossing)
http://www.paterson.ch/Track_2.wma (Sharing and Caring)

Any takers?

Identifying Music/Musician

Message 45654 · Sheelagh Brunton · 25 Jun 2006 15:01:44 · Top

Alan,

The names you mentioned, Sharing and Caring and Coppins Crossing are
probably two of the dances devised by Les Cumming who lives in Canberra. (I
know Sharing and Caring is a Strathspey for 4 cpls in a square formation)

At a more respectable time, I will contact Les and pass on your enquiry as I
am sure he can help. Perhaps the musicians also live in Canberra.

Will get back to you personally with the results.

Sheelagh.
N.S.W. Australia