strathspey Archive: The Silver Birch Strathspey

The Silver Birch Strathspey

Message 42946 · Charles Upton · 27 Oct 2005 21:36:28 · Top

Hello Jay, I guess that I passed this dance to DanceData. I received it from a teacher from the Black Isle without information concerning the deviser or source.
I have tried to contact the teacher but unfortunately he has moved.
If I eventually get the some more information I will add it to my notes & also pass it on to Alan Paterson.
Charles Upton
Minicrib

The Silver Birch Strathspey

Message 42954 · John K. Andrews · 28 Oct 2005 03:55:37 · Top

Martina provided me notes on the dance which indicate it was devised by a
W. Bell.

Jay Andrews
Alexandria, VA, USA

At 08:36 PM 10/27/2005 +0100, you wrote:
>Hello Jay, I guess that I passed this dance to DanceData. I received it
>from a teacher from the Black Isle without information concerning the
>deviser or source.
>I have tried to contact the teacher but unfortunately he has moved.
>If I eventually get the some more information I will add it to my notes &
>also pass it on to Alan Paterson.
>Charles Upton
>Minicrib

The Silver Birch Strathspey

Message 42957 · Alan Paterson · 28 Oct 2005 07:44:56 · Top

On 28/10/2005 03:55, Jay Andrews wrote:
> Martina provided me notes on the dance which indicate it was devised by
> a W. Bell.

I wonder if this is Willam Bell from Castle Douglas, Northern Ireland
who devised (sic) the dance The Birkland Burn? Does anyone know this
William?

Alan