strathspey Archive: http://www.strathspey.org/

http://www.strathspey.org/

Message 41468 · Alan Paterson · 20 Jun 2005 10:01:26 · Top

What's wrong with the web-site Anselm? At the moment I get an error
trace-back which talks about an "unpickling Datetime.Datetime.Datetime"
error. It certainly sounds pickled. Had a rough weekend perhaps?

Alan

ADMINISTRIVIA: New server code

Message 41471 · Anselm Lingnau · 20 Jun 2005 20:14:27 · Top

Alan Paterson wrote:

> What's wrong with the web-site Anselm? At the moment I get an error
> trace-back which talks about an "unpickling Datetime.Datetime.Datetime"
> error. It certainly sounds pickled. Had a rough weekend perhaps?

Apparently. If you don't watch these computers all the time ...

Anyway, rather than spend time emergency-bugfixing Zope, I decided to
fast-track the transition to the new Strathspey Server, which runs on top of
my own purpose-built server. That way at least, I get to spend time
emergency-bugfixing my own code, which is a much more viable proposition :^)

Strathspey Server users should note the following obvious differences:

- The ?printable page? link is there but does not do anything. Printable
pages will be back in due course.

- The ?groups? page does not have the searchable database, just the maps.
This as well will be back in due course.

- The mailing list archive remains broken for the time being, but will be
fixed ASAP. This is, in fact, quite near the top of things to be
addressed.

- The annoying right-hand column giving details of long-past events and
last year's utterly boring blog posts is gone for the time being, pending
the introduction of an all-new singing and dancing event database based
on the full ?my.strathspey? service, due to be rolled out later. Do keep
sending events to announce, which will hopefully be displayed in a more
timely fashion in the not-too-far future.

- The DanceData web front-end has moved to ?http://my.strathspey.org/dd?
(rather than ?WWW.strathspey.org?) for obscure reasons to do with cookie
management, which we will require once the advanced features I alluded to
earlier this year become available. In the meantime, the new front-end
should do pretty much all that the old one did, and you can try to spot
a few things it can do that the old one couldn't. There is currently no
web form to send in corrections to the data; send these to me or Alan
directly for the time being, please.

You will undoubtedly be able to figure out the non-obvious differences, of
which there are likely to be many. Do not hesitate to send me your
observations, ideas, suggestions, criticism, etc.; I'm determined to spend as
much time as possible hacking this and your feedback is valuable to me as an
indicator of which of the glaring errors, omissions and glitches to fix
first.

Anselm
--
Anselm Lingnau, Frankfurt, Germany ..................... anselm@strathspey.org
Truth: the most deadly weapon ever discovered by humanity. Capable of