strathspey Archive: Featured Dances for 05-06

Featured Dances for 05-06

Message 41381 · 0AM7L@SIA · 3 Jun 2005 19:02:31 · Top

Anyone know when next season's selection of Featured Dances comes out? Or,
better yet, a 'hint' of what they might be? And where they will first be
published?

This is a marvelous idea. Folks all over the world can work on the
'prescribed' dances, and when we dance out of town, or plan workshops and
dances and invite non-local dancers, we can rest assured knowing we all have
ten dances in common that we've worked on all year.

Also, does anyone know how long featured dances have been a practice? This
is only the second year I've heard of them.

Thank you.

Margaret Sarna
Michigan (USA)

Featured Dances for 05-06

Message 41383 · L. Friedman-Shedlov · 3 Jun 2005 19:20:43 · Top

They are already posted on the RSCDS web site (see the members area
section under "dancing" or follow the link from the "news" section).

They are as follows:

The Earl of Mansfield R Leaflet Dances Book
Broadford Bay R Leaflet Dances Book
Mrs Stewart of Fasnacloich R Leaflet Dances Book
The Reel of the Royal Scots R Leaflet Dances Book
Fair Donald S Book 29
Braes of Breadalbane S Book 21
Frae a' the Airts M Leaflet Dances
Happy Meeting J Book 29
Muirland Willie J Book 21
Teviot Bridge J Book 5

********************************
Lara Friedman~Shedlov "Librarians -- Like Google, but
ldfs@bigfoot.com warm-blooded"
********************************

On Fri, 3 Jun 2005, Don & Margaret Sarna wrote:

> Anyone know when next season's selection of Featured Dances comes out? Or,
> better yet, a 'hint' of what they might be? And where they will first be
> published?
>
> This is a marvelous idea. Folks all over the world can work on the
> 'prescribed' dances, and when we dance out of town, or plan workshops and
> dances and invite non-local dancers, we can rest assured knowing we all have
> ten dances in common that we've worked on all year.
>
> Also, does anyone know how long featured dances have been a practice? This
> is only the second year I've heard of them.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Margaret Sarna
> Michigan (USA)

Featured Dances for 05-06 -- CORRECTION!!

Message 41385 · L. Friedman-Shedlov · 3 Jun 2005 19:24:16 · Top

Oops, I posted the wrong list. Here's the correct list for 2005/2006:

Anniversary Reel R Book 36
The Clansman R Book 32
The Machine without Horses J Book12
Margaret Parker's Strathspey S Book 31
Miss Mary Douglas J Book 10
Mrs MacLeod R Book 6
My Friend Joe S Book 38
The Sailor R Book 24
Sugar Candie S Book 26
Tribute to the Borders J Leaflet

********************************
Lara Friedman~Shedlov "Librarians -- Like Google, but
ldfs@bigfoot.com warm-blooded"
********************************

Featured Dances for 05-06

Message 41386 · George Meikle · 3 Jun 2005 19:27:46 · Top

Lara,

The list you showed as below was for 2002/3. The 2005/6 dances are further
down the page.

See my previous email with the correct titles

George Meikle

They are already posted on the RSCDS web site (see the members area
section under "dancing" or follow the link from the "news" section).

They are as follows:

The Earl of Mansfield R Leaflet Dances Book
Broadford Bay R Leaflet Dances Book
Mrs Stewart of Fasnacloich R Leaflet Dances Book
The Reel of the Royal Scots R Leaflet Dances Book
Fair Donald S Book 29
Braes of Breadalbane S Book 21
Frae a' the Airts M Leaflet Dances
Happy Meeting J Book 29
Muirland Willie J Book 21
Teviot Bridge J Book 5

********************************
Lara Friedman~Shedlov "Librarians -- Like Google, but
ldfs@bigfoot.com warm-blooded"
********************************

On Fri, 3 Jun 2005, Don & Margaret Sarna wrote:

> Anyone know when next season's selection of Featured Dances comes out?
Or,
> better yet, a 'hint' of what they might be? And where they will first be
> published?
>
> This is a marvelous idea. Folks all over the world can work on the
> 'prescribed' dances, and when we dance out of town, or plan workshops and
> dances and invite non-local dancers, we can rest assured knowing we all
have
> ten dances in common that we've worked on all year.
>
> Also, does anyone know how long featured dances have been a practice?
This
> is only the second year I've heard of them.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Margaret Sarna
> Michigan (USA)

Featured Dances for 05-06

Message 41384 · George Meikle · 3 Jun 2005 19:23:38 · Top

Margaret,

I believe that the following is the prescribed list for 2005-2006:-

Dance Bars Book CD
Anniversary Reel R 4x32 36 Book 36
The Clansman R 8x32 32 Books 31/32
The Machine without Horses J 8x32 12 Book 12
Margaret Parker's Strathspey S 8x32 31 Books 31/32
Miss Mary Douglas J 8x48 10 Book 10
Mrs MacLeod R 8x32 6
My Friend Joe S 8x32 38 Book 38
The Sailor R 8x32 24 Book 24
Sugar Candie S 8x32 26 Book 26
Tribute to the Borders J 8x32 Leaflet Leaflets Vol2

A much bigger list was published last week on the HQ website but the above
amended and shortened list was added yesterday.

George Meikle