strathspey Archive: Los Angeles dancers

Los Angeles dancers

Message 39867 · RSCDSLA · 2 Nov 2004 17:02:53 · Top

We also tried the Jim Johnstone Reel at class this week. All my students
really liked it and would like to do it again. Great dance for a program.
Joan Baker

Hello All,

The latest issue of TACTalk came with a surprise inside - A Roy
Goldring dance inscribed to bandleader Jim Johnstone. Our group tried
it on monday night and very much enjoyed it so I thought I'd pass along
a recommendation.

martin

St. John's (Newfoundland) Branch

Jim Johnstone's Reel

Message 39869 · Alan Paterson · 3 Nov 2004 12:54:10 · Top

RSCDSLA@aol.com wrote:

> We also tried the Jim Johnstone Reel at class this week. All my students
> really liked it and would like to do it again. Great dance for a program.
> Joan Baker
>

> Hello All,
>
> The latest issue of TACTalk came with a surprise inside - A Roy
> Goldring dance inscribed to bandleader Jim Johnstone. Our group tried
> it on monday night and very much enjoyed it so I thought I'd pass along
> a recommendation.
>
> martin
>
> St. John's (Newfoundland) Branch

Now there's a coincidence.

At last weekend's workshop in Rechberg (Germany) this dance was taught.

Perhaps not SO much of a concidence since the teacher was Mary Murray
(from Vancouver).

Having written that, I don't have the dance instructions. Can anyone oblige?

Alan

Jim Johnstone's Reel

Message 39870 · Lydia Hedge · 3 Nov 2004 13:12:07 · Top

Private reply sent.

Lydia