strathspey Archive: Software for diagrams

Software for diagrams

Message 39676 · Alan Paterson · 21 Oct 2004 12:31:18 · Top

Ian Brockbank wrote:

> Hi Jim,
>
> I use Serif DrawPlus. http://www.serif.com/
>
> Cheers,
>
> Ian Brockbank
>>
>><snip Jim's question - except for>
>>
>>..., can be obtained at modest cost (not to coin a phrase)
>> and that imports successfully to Word documents??

Serif Drawplus appears to cost around $100. Not what I would call
modest. <g>

Alan

Software for diagrams

Message 39677 · Ian Brockbank · 21 Oct 2004 15:54:02 · Top

Is it that much now? I'm sure it was a lot less when I first bought it, and
I've just upgraded since (which is always a _lot_ les than $100). Oh
well...

I have seen old copies on cover disks from PC magazines. Does that count as
dirt cheap?

Ian Brockbank
Applications Software Team Leader
e: ian.brockbank@wolfsonmicro.com / apps@wolfsonmicro.com
scd: ian@scottishdance.net
t: +44 131 272 7145
> >>..., can be obtained at modest cost (not to coin a phrase)
> >> and that imports successfully to Word documents??
>
> Serif Drawplus appears to cost around $100. Not what I would call
> modest. <g>
>
> Alan

Software for diagrams

Message 39682 · Steve Wyrick · 21 Oct 2004 17:08:31 · Top

Alan Paterson said:

> Serif Drawplus appears to cost around $100. Not what I would call
> modest. <g>
>
> Alan

You must not have priced Adobe Illustrator recently then! :-)
--
Steve Wyrick - Concord, California

Software for diagrams

Message 39871 · Jim Healy · 3 Nov 2004 13:29:07 · Top

Greetings!

Just to say many thanks to all those who provided advice (and examples!) of
various packages. Lots to think about but I rather suspect that part of my
problem may be a fundamental lack of an artistic bent :(

Jim Healy
Perth, Scotland

Software for diagrams

Message 39872 · Pia Walker · 3 Nov 2004 15:10:02 · Top

Jim - us who know you, know that that can't be true :>) - see you at the AGM

Pia