strathspey Archive: "Crathes Castle" - Book 44, No 8

"Crathes Castle" - Book 44, No 8

Message 38936 · Alan Paterson · 2 Sep 2004 14:49:03 · Top

George Meikle wrote:

> Iain,
>
> For your information the following recordings all have 3x48S recordings for
> the Moray Rant on them which may fit Crathes Castle.
>
> Deirdre Adamson - Come Scottish Country Dancing
> David Anderson - Highlander Volume 8
> Drummond Cook - Tae Gaar Ye Loup

I have a note that this track is played FOUR times 32. Is there anyone
who can give me confirmation that George is correct?

> Colin Dewar - Special Requests 4
> Alastair Alastair and the Lorne Scottish Dance Band

Which Alastair? Hunter or Wood? Which album?

> Sound Company - Best Foot Forward

Alan

"Crathes Castle" - Book 44, No 8

Message 38938 · Ian Brockbank · 2 Sep 2004 15:45:00 · Top

Hi Alan,

> > Alastair Alastair and the Lorne Scottish Dance Band
>
> Which Alastair? Hunter or Wood? Which album?

I assume Hunter if it's the Lorne SCDB. Don't know what album.

Cheers,

Ian Brockbank
Senior Applications Software Engineer
e: ian.brockbank@wolfsonmicro.com / apps@wolfsonmicro.com
scd: ian@scottishdance.net
t: +44 131 272 7145
f: +44 131 272 7001

"Crathes Castle" - Book 44, No 8

Message 38943 · George Meikle · 2 Sep 2004 18:55:22 · Top

All,

Sorry for the typo error but the recording I have is indeed by Alastair
Hunter and it is simply called Alastair Hunter and the Lorne Scottish Dance
Band. The serial number on the CD number CWGR131.

George Meikle