strathspey Archive: Visiting Scotland in May

Visiting Scotland in May

Message 38289 · David N. VanMeter · 8 Apr 2004 02:53:43 · Top

Hello,
My wife and I are dancers from the Columbus, OH group and will be
travelling to Scotland in May. We are looking to dance at some point in
the trip whether it be ceilidh or Scottish Country Dance. We will be in
the following areas during the dates below:

St Boswell's near Melrose May 3 - May 7
Inverness May 10 - May 11
Upper Breaknish on Skye May 12 - May 13
Mull May 14 - May 15
Oban May 16 - May 18
Glasgow May 19 - May 21

We hope something turns up.

Thanks,
David N. VanMeter
Columbus, OH
USA

Visiting Scotland in May

Message 38291 · George Meikle · 8 Apr 2004 10:29:44 · Top

David,

Have a look at the following site which lists some of the country dances
which will take place in Scotland:-

http://john.m.sturrock.users.btopenworld.com/scdevents.index.htm

I hope it is of some help to you

Kind regards
George Meikle
Lothian Scottish Dance Band

My wife and I are dancers from the Columbus, OH group and will be
travelling to Scotland in May. We are looking to dance at some point in
the trip whether it be ceilidh or Scottish Country Dance. We will be in
the following areas during the dates below:

St Boswell's near Melrose May 3 - May 7
Inverness May 10 - May 11
Upper Breaknish on Skye May 12 - May 13
Mull May 14 - May 15
Oban May 16 - May 18
Glasgow May 19 - May 21

We hope something turns up.

Thanks,
David N. VanMeter
Columbus, OH
USA

Visiting Scotland in May

Message 38293 · mlamontbrown · 8 Apr 2004 12:22:52 · Top

As a more general guide to people visiting the UK and looking for SCD
events, I think you might find the RSCDS website ( www.rscds.org ) useful -
it gives links to John Sturrock's list for Scotland, London Branch's list
for the South East of England, and the Paul Bond Yorkshire Diary list on the
Sheffield branch site for events in the North East of England. (All we need
now are sources for events in the West!)

Malcolm

Malcolm & Helen Brown
York - UK