strathspey Archive: Mystery C.D. track

Mystery C.D. track

Message 38212 · Sheelagh Brunton · 23 Mar 2004 12:30:47 · Top

I am sure that I am not the first to discover that there is an un-named track on The Music Makars C.D. "live and well" which is on track fourteen. It is a lovely piano solo of a waltz. Can anyone put a name to it for me, please? One of our dancers is also a pianist and has transposed it for herself to play.

Sheelagh Brunton.

Mystery C.D. track

Message 38213 · Sheelagh Brunton · 23 Mar 2004 13:13:53 · Top

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sheelagh Brunton" <wasbrunton@acr.net.au>
To:
<strathspey-sc.1004267603.jpnccnelionicafddfki-wasbrunton=acr.net.au@straths
pey.org>; <strathspey@strathspey.org>
Sent: Tuesday, March 23, 2004 10:29 PM
Subject: Mystery C.D. track

I am sure that I am not the first to discover that there is an un-named
track on The Music Makars C.D. "live and well" which is on track fourteen.
It is a lovely piano solo of a waltz. Can anyone put a name to it for me,
please? One of our dancers is also a pianist and has transposed it for
herself to play.

Sheelagh Brunton.

Mystery C.D. track

Message 38220 · Ozorak · 23 Mar 2004 21:15:39 · Top

Hi,

The ghost track is "Margaret Ann Robertson", soloed on piano by
Elizabeth Weiss Ozorak. The tune is by a contemporary composer from the
Shetlands, whose name escapes me right now.

Etienne
"Music Makars"

I am sure that I am not the first to discover that there is an un-named
track on The Music Makars C.D. "live and well" which is on track
fourteen. It is a lovely piano solo of a waltz. Can anyone put a name
to it for me, please? One of our dancers is also a pianist and has
transposed it for herself to play.

Sheelagh Brunton.

Mystery C.D. track

Message 38221 · madgelaing · 24 Mar 2004 01:35:48 · Top

Hello Etienne
I think the name of the Shetland composer of "Margaret-Anne Robertson" is
Jamieson.
Madge Laing
N.Z.

Mystery C.D. track

Message 38222 · hways · 24 Mar 2004 01:57:15 · Top

All in one day we have a mystery track attributed to two different
musicians. Are there two different mystery tracks?

Harry
> The ghost track is "Margaret Ann Robertson", soloed on piano by
> Elizabeth Weiss Ozorak. The tune is by a contemporary composer from the
> Shetlands, whose name escapes me right now.
>
> Etienne
> "Music Makars"

Mystery C.D. track

Message 38228 · Ozorak · 24 Mar 2004 16:48:35 · Top

If my memory serves me, there are three CDs and each one has a ghost
track. I can only remember two at this time. I'll have to listen to
the three CDs to find out what the third one is.

Etienne

All in one day we have a mystery track attributed to two different
musicians. Are there two different mystery tracks?

Harry
> The ghost track is "Margaret Ann Robertson", soloed on piano by
> Elizabeth Weiss Ozorak. The tune is by a contemporary composer from
> the Shetlands, whose name escapes me right now.
>
> Etienne
> "Music Makars"

Mystery C.D. track

Message 38214 · Norma or Mike Briggs · 23 Mar 2004 13:16:40 · Top

Etienne Ozorak will be guest musician at the John Muir Branch's ball on
April 17 in Madison, Wisconsin, joining our regular local band (O'er the
Border). Details at
http://sprott.physics.wisc.edu/mscd/specevnt.htm#ball, including on-line
registration using PayPal (which may be a first for an SCD group).

Etienne has been an occasional contributor to the list. If he doesn't
identify the mystery track before April 17, I'll ask him then if he'd
like to do so and I'll post his answer.

Mike

Norma Briggs Voice 608 835 0914
Michael J Briggs Fax 608 835 0924
BRIGGS LAW OFFICE
1519 Storytown Road Oregon WI 53575-2521 USA
www.briggslawoffice.com
Note our new e-mail address: brigglaw@earthlink.net

Mystery C.D. track

Message 38215 · Jim Healy · 23 Mar 2004 14:32:07 · Top

Greetings!

Just to prove that Anselm has found some round tuits and the the Archive
search function is alive and well. The answer from Etienne when this was
asked before is below.

Thanks again, Anselm, for everything

Jim Healy
Perth, Scotland