strathspey Archive: Dumb Questions

Dumb Questions

Message 36604 · Alex Tweedly · 29 Sep 2003 17:06:40 · Top

Dumb Question 1 : When is the RSCDS AGM this year ?

Dumb Question 2 : Why isn't this (easily) find-able on the RSCDS web site ?

It might be on the site somewhere, but I couldn't find it; I guess it's
hidden from me in the "members' area" so that outsiders can't find when the
AGM is - got to protect our secrets, you know :-)

Thanks
-- Alex.

Dumb Questions

Message 36605 · Pia Walker · 29 Sep 2003 17:27:12 · Top

Perth

somebody else will have to come up with the other answer, as I haven't
checked how easy it is to find.

Pia
----- Original Message -----
From: "Alex Tweedly" <alex@tweedly.net>
To: <strathspey@strathspey.org>
Sent: Monday, September 29, 2003 4:10 PM
Subject: Dumb Questions

> Dumb Question 1 : When is the RSCDS AGM this year ?
>
> Dumb Question 2 : Why isn't this (easily) find-able on the RSCDS web site
?

> It might be on the site somewhere, but I couldn't find it; I guess it's
> hidden from me in the "members' area" so that outsiders can't find when
the
> AGM is - got to protect our secrets, you know :-)
>
> Thanks
> -- Alex.

Dumb Questions

Message 36606 · George Meikle · 29 Sep 2003 18:01:29 · Top

Alex,

The AGM is being held in Perth this year on Friday 31st October and Saturday
1st November. Unfortunately despite rumours to the contrary we are not
playing for it this year!

George Meikle
Lothian Scottish Dance Band

Dumb Question 1 : When is the RSCDS AGM this year ?

Dumb Question 2 : Why isn't this (easily) find-able on the RSCDS web site ?

It might be on the site somewhere, but I couldn't find it; I guess it's
hidden from me in the "members' area" so that outsiders can't find when the
AGM is - got to protect our secrets, you know :-)

Thanks
-- Alex.

Dumb Questions

Message 36608 · redrose_solutions · 29 Sep 2003 18:22:12 · Top

The AGM is always (at least as far back as I can remember - not as far as
some) on the first Saturday in November, which makes it 1 November this
year.

As to Dumb Question 2 - no idea, although as you supposed it's easy enough
to find once you're inside the members' area.

Susi

Susi Mayr
Vienna, Austria
susi@redrose.co.at

Message 36609 · Marilyn Knight · 29 Sep 2003 19:16:59 · Top

PIA!!!! The question didn't seem dumb to me, but your answer.....????
:) Are you pulling our 'dance legs' as usual.... Or am I missing
something???

?

> It might be on the site somewhere, but I couldn't find it; I guess
> it's hidden from me in the "members' area" so that outsiders can't
> find when
the
> AGM is - got to protect our secrets, you know :-)
>
> Thanks
> -- Alex.

Dumb Questions

Message 36611 · Pia Walker · 29 Sep 2003 20:37:18 · Top

What is it they say Marilynn : Ask a silly question :>) :>) and I really
haven't looked at the RSCDS web site lately.

And dancing legs need to be pulled - or else one gets shorter than the other
:>)

Pia

?

> It might be on the site somewhere, but I couldn't find it; I guess
> it's hidden from me in the "members' area" so that outsiders can't
> find when
the
> AGM is - got to protect our secrets, you know :-)
>
> Thanks
> -- Alex.

Dumb Questions

Message 36623 · ron.mackey · 1 Oct 2003 01:01:21 · Top

> And dancing legs need to be pulled - or else one gets shorter than
> the other :>)
>
> Pia

I thought that something to do with Haggi ?? :>)
Happy Dancing
Cheers :)
Ron

Ron Mackey. London Branch (and Croydon)
39, Grove Park Road,
Mottingham
London SE9 4NS

Dumb Questions

Message 36641 · Pia Walker · 1 Oct 2003 18:09:28 · Top

Why do you think they use bagpipes at the hunt for them - you have a piper
go one way round the hill - the haggi will turn and flee - they are not used
to dancing, so it is easy to pick them out when they roll down - and you do
that by having a golfer standing there putting them into a hole.

Pia