strathspey Archive: "The Gloomy Winter"

"The Gloomy Winter"

Message 35587 · Volleyballjerry · 18 Jun 2003 17:27:20 · Top

Ian,

I am not the teacher who personally knew "The Gloomy Winter" and recommended
it at our Teachers' Committee's annual dance selection conclave. Not yet
having received the collected instructions for our new selections, I can only
assume that it is the one that is detailed in Dance Data as your dance from the
Fiftieth Anniversary Collection (as opposed to the John Mitchell dance of
[interestingly] the same name). I suggest that you get in touch with the teacher
who did recommend it and walked us through it (which could well also be helpful
to us): Doug Macdonald [damacdonald@juno.com].