strathspey Archive: OT: FW: Piper

OT: FW: Piper

Message 35581 · Ian Brockbank · 18 Jun 2003 10:22:54 · Top

Hi All,

This is off-topic, but I thought there might be someone on one of these
lists who could help.

Please reply to Alan Graveson mailto:agraveson@Meadowridge.bc.ca

Cheers,

Ian

Ian Brockbank
Applications Software Engineer
e: ian.brockbank@wolfsonmicro.com
scd: ian@scottishdance.net
t: +44 131 272 7076
f: +44 131 272 7001

-----Original Message-----
From: Alan Graveson [mailto:agraveson@Meadowridge.bc.ca]
Sent: 17 June 2003 18:16
To: ian@scottishdance.net
Subject: Piper

Hi Ian,

My name is Alan Graveson and I am organizing the convocation
celebrations for Meadowridge School, an independent school in Maple
Ridge, BC. It has become a tradition at our school to pipe in our
graduates to their convocation ceremony. This year, our regular piper is
unable to attend and I am therefore wondering if you would be able to
help me find a replacement. The ceremony is on Monday, June 23rd at
10:00am at the school. The piper would lead the academic procession into
the gymnasium then lead them out approximately 75 minutes later. Perhaps
there is a student or local resident who would be willing to help us
out. We typically pay a bottle of Lagavulin to the piper, but other
forms of compensation could also be negotiated.

Thanks,

Al Graveson

Alan Graveson
Director of Advancement
Meadowridge School
12224 240th Street
Maple Ridge, BC
V4R 1N1
604 467 4444 ext. 205
agraveson@meadowridge.bc.ca

Piper

Message 35585 · simon scott · 18 Jun 2003 15:15:59 · Top

Ian
I will contact Alan Graveson as he is close by and hopefully help him.
Cheers Simon

> Hi All,
>
> This is off-topic, but I thought there might be someone on one of
these
> lists who could help.
>
> Please reply to Alan Graveson mailto:agraveson@Meadowridge.bc.ca
>
> Cheers,
>
> Ian
>
> Ian Brockbank
> Applications Software Engineer
> e: ian.brockbank@wolfsonmicro.com
> scd: ian@scottishdance.net
> t: +44 131 272 7076

Message 35601 · Alan Harrison · 20 Jun 2003 13:07:39 · Top

Ian,
I'm definitely up for it but I don't think they would pay the expenses!!!

Best regards,
Alan.

<http://www.piper-alan.co.uk/>http://www.piper-alan.co.uk/