strathspey Archive: Neil Grant

Neil Grant

Message 35579 · Alan Paterson · 18 Jun 2003 08:58:19 · Top

Does anyone out there have any information (esp. contact information) on a dance
deviser called

Neil M. Grant

whose best known dance is likely "Johnnie's Welcome Hame"?

The same question applies to a composer of tunes named

Neil Grant

whose most used tune is "Deveron Reel".

(I wish to test the theory that these gentlemen are one and the same)

Alan

Neil Grant

Message 35580 · Eddy West · 18 Jun 2003 10:07:54 · Top

Not sure about Neil M Grant but Neil Grant the composer was I believe the pen name
of Ian MacFadyen (not sure about the spelling) the producer of the "White Heather
Club" shows who also wrote with Andy Stewart - "Lassie Come and Dance" and "Donald
Where's Your Troosers" have his name after them for example. By coincidence John
Renton played his tune "The Stornaway Sailor" on "Take the Floor" last saturday.

Eddy

Alan Paterson wrote:

> Does anyone out there have any information (esp. contact information) on a dance
> deviser called
>
> Neil M. Grant
>
> whose best known dance is likely "Johnnie's Welcome Hame"?
>
> The same question applies to a composer of tunes named
>
> Neil Grant
>
> whose most used tune is "Deveron Reel".
>
> (I wish to test the theory that these gentlemen are one and the same)
>
> Alan

Music request

Message 35594 · Airth · 19 Jun 2003 19:02:01 · Top

Can anyone help me with this, please !

"What are the correct tunes for Miss Gibson's Strathspey and Auchinellan
Jig, and can anyone let me have them in midi, nwc or abc form - even jpg
will do!

Many thanks,

Pam Airth

Music request

Message 35595 · George Meikle · 19 Jun 2003 19:31:40 · Top

Airth

The correct tunes for the dances you requested are as follows:-

Miss Gibson's Strathspey
Original tune is The Music o' Spey which was composed by James Scott Skinner
and is published in the RSCDS Book of Leaflet Dances.

Auchinellan Jig
Original tune is Auchinellan Jig and was composed by myself.

I will forward on a copy of the Auchinallen Jig privately.

George Meikle
Lothian Scottish Dance Band

"What are the correct tunes for Miss Gibson's Strathspey and Auchinellan
Jig, and can anyone let me have them in midi, nwc or abc form - even jpg
will do!

Many thanks,

Pam Airth

Music request

Message 35596 · Airth · 19 Jun 2003 20:06:32 · Top

Many thanks for your help

PAM