strathspey Archive: Virus Advisory (Little Bear) was a hoax

Virus Advisory (Little Bear) was a hoax

Message 35572 · Miriam L. Mueller · 17 Jun 2003 01:39:31 · Top

Apologies to all.
And many thanks to all who pointed out my error. Will be FAR MORE CAREFUL
next time I get any virus or other warning.
I trust I have learned from this stupid mistake.
sorry . . . . sorry . . . . sorry
Miriam Mueller - SF

Virus Advisory (Little Bear) was a hoax

Message 35575 · John Chambers · 17 Jun 2003 04:04:44 · Top

| Apologies to all.
| And many thanks to all who pointed out my error. Will be FAR MORE CAREFUL
| next time I get any virus or other warning.
| I trust I have learned from this stupid mistake.
| sorry . . . . sorry . . . . sorry
| Miriam Mueller - SF

In some circles, ideas like this that keep coming back and
can't be eliminated are "intellectual viruses" that infect
our minds.

Sorta like Scottish dancing ...

Virus Advisory (Little Bear) was a hoax

Message 35576 · Helen P. · 17 Jun 2003 09:30:22 · Top

Any letter that asks you to forward many copies is almost certainly a hoax
or scam.

It's an easy warning flag for illegitimacy.

-- Helen (MD USA)

Virus Advisory (Little Bear) was a hoax

Message 35577 · Pia Walker · 17 Jun 2003 09:49:21 · Top

Don't be sorry - Thank you for warning me - It was up to me if I wanted to
do something about it or not - and you actually helped me - I have recently
had to get a new computer, my old stuff was loaded onto it, and I did not
know that I had lost my anti-virus software, until you made me check how
up-to-date it was. Your warning came as a gentle reminder to get back into
the routine of downloading more regularly.

Pia