strathspey Archive: Requirements to train candidates?

Requirements to train candidates?

Message 35566 · Bruce Hamilton · 16 Jun 2003 03:04:48 · Top

I'm sure I have this somewhere, but I can't find it: what are the required
qualifications to train candidates? Anything besides a Teachers
Certificate?

-Bruce
--
Bruce Hamilton brucehamilton@macconnect.com 650-328-0474 (home)
650-485-4917 (fax) bruce_hamilton@agilent.com 650-485-2818 (work)

Requirements to train candidates?

Message 35567 · Oliver Thinius · 16 Jun 2003 08:55:36 · Top

As far as I remember - and I have asked years ago with regard to a
class to be taught by somebody else anyway - the Teachers'
certificate and a wide and varied experience in teachig Scottish
Country Dance is required, as well as acceptance by the Examonations
Committee (after all: they decide wether you are "good enough" to
obtain permission).

Oliver Thinius
othinius@scottishsupplies.de

Bruce Hamilton schrieb am 15.06.2003:
>I'm sure I have this somewhere, but I can't find it: what are the
>required
>qualifications to train candidates? Anything besides a Teachers
>Certificate?
>
> -Bruce
>--
>Bruce Hamilton brucehamilton@macconnect.com 650-328-0474
>(home)
>650-485-4917 (fax) bruce_hamilton@agilent.com 650-485-2818
>(work)

Requirements to train candidates?

Message 35568 · Ian Brockbank · 16 Jun 2003 11:31:12 · Top

Hi All,

The info about the examinations is in the members' area of the RSCDS
site at
http://www.rscds.org/members/examinations/index.html

It includes guidelines on running examinations (but I'm not sure if it
includes anything on what the course teacher's qualifications should
be).

Cheers,

Ian

Ian Brockbank