strathspey Archive: Bobby Brown

Bobby Brown

Message 35550 · SMiskoe · 14 Jun 2003 19:24:38 · Top

I picked this up from the accordion newsgroup:

Alas, there's bad news about Bobby Brown: he was badly injured in a car
crash May 29 -- two days before he and The Scottish Accent were to play at a
Scottish Country Dance in Washington, DC. He is recovering at home with
multiple broken bones. His son, Laird, and the band did a good job,
although Bobby's absence was definitely noticeable.
Bobby Brown is the premier Scottish accordionist in Canada and one of the top
in North America. Besides playing great SCD he has promoted much traditional
music.
Cheers,
Sylvia Miskoe, Concord, NH

Bobby Brown

Message 35551 · Elainerb · 14 Jun 2003 19:42:25 · Top

In a message dated 6/14/2003 1:25:19 PM Eastern Standard Time,
SMiskoe@aol.com writes:

> I picked this up from the accordion newsgroup:
>
> Alas, there's bad news about Bobby Brown: he was badly injured in a car
> crash May 29 -- two days before he and The Scottish Accent were to play at a
> Scottish Country Dance in Washington, DC. He is recovering at home with
> multiple broken bones. His son, Laird, and the band did a good job,
> although Bobby's absence was definitely noticeable.
> Bobby Brown is the premier Scottish accordionist in Canada and one of the
> top
> in North America. Besides playing great SCD he has promoted much
> traditional
> music.
> Cheers,
> Sylvia Miskoe, Concord, NH

Don't want people panicking. Bobby was hurt in the car accident, but was
allowed home the same day as the accident. He broke his Knee and Sternum (chest
bone) which of course makes holding an accordian difficult to say the least.
I am sure he would appreciate cards......well wishes etc.......

Hopefully he'll be back playing before too long.
As Sylvia said, he was missed in DC, but the band did a great job.

Elaine
Va, USA

Bobby Brown

Message 35552 · adriana linden · 14 Jun 2003 19:43:53 · Top

Bobby broke his sternum in a car accident (May 29th, I believe), and did indeed
miss the DC event. However, he was able to travel to the Montreal Weekend a
week after the DC event, and play for us at the Saturday gala dance on June
7th. I don't know if that is a testament to quick healing, hearty
constitition, good painkillers, a sense of duty, or stubborness!

Understandably, he was not physically at his best, but folks enjoyed and
appreciated his playing greatly.

BTW I missed the dance, but I believe that Bobby played keyboard, and Kathy
Fraser played accordion...

Adriana Linden
Montréal QC

--- SMiskoe@aol.com wrote: > I picked this up from the accordion newsgroup:

> Alas, there's bad news about Bobby Brown: he was badly injured in a car
> crash May 29 -- two days before he and The Scottish Accent were to play at a
> Scottish Country Dance in Washington, DC. He is recovering at home with
> multiple broken bones. His son, Laird, and the band did a good job,
> although Bobby's absence was definitely noticeable.
> Bobby Brown is the premier Scottish accordionist in Canada and one of the top
>
> in North America. Besides playing great SCD he has promoted much traditional
>
> music.
> Cheers,
> Sylvia Miskoe, Concord, NH

Bobby Brown

Message 35553 · Norah Link · 14 Jun 2003 21:08:09 · Top

Nope, Bobby played the accordion! He couldn't lift it himself, but once he
was strapped in he performed admirably. Very pale, and not as full of his
usual banter, but the music was great and we were relieved to see him doing
so well. I hope he didn't suffer too much for it the next day.

Norah Link
Montreal

Bobby Brown

Message 35554 · Priscilla M. Burrage · 14 Jun 2003 22:29:04 · Top

On Sat, 14 Jun 2003, Norah Link wrote:

> Nope, Bobby played the accordion! He couldn't lift it himself, but once he
> was strapped in he performed admirably. Very pale, and not as full of his
> usual banter, but the music was great and we were relieved to see him doing
> so well. I hope he didn't suffer too much for it the next day.

And -- a first -- he didn't go to any parties after the ball.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Priscilla Burrage Vermont US
(pburrage@zoo.uvm.edu)

Chuffed

Message 35559 · Mike Briggs · 15 Jun 2003 21:14:05 · Top

Chuffed is kind of like, you know, gruntled.

Mike
Norma Briggs Voice 608 835 0914
Michael J Briggs Fax 608 835 0924
BRIGGS LAW OFFICE
1519 Storytown Road Oregon WI 53575-2521 USA
www.briggslawoffice.com

Chuffed

Message 35563 · simon scott · 16 Jun 2003 00:19:55 · Top

> Chuffed is kind of like, you know, grunted.
>
> Mike

I have always known, that to be "chuffed" about something is to be quite
pleased about it. A British saying.

Simon

Chuffed

Message 35565 · Elainerb · 16 Jun 2003 01:09:46 · Top

Absolutely.... it means pleased with..... " he looked fare chuffed with
himself" translated.......he looked very pleased with himself.

Elaine

Bobby Brown

Message 35557 · Helen P. · 15 Jun 2003 20:01:49 · Top

Sylvia forgot to attribute the quote, and that's caused some confusion by