strathspey Archive: [ceilidh-junkies-online] Vote for the Best Scottish Dance Band

[ceilidh-junkies-online] Vote for the Best Scottish Dance Band

Message 35534 · Ian Brockbank · 13 Jun 2003 10:28:02 · Top

-----Original Message-----
From: DIY_Scotland
Sent: 12 June 2003 20:54
To: ceilidh-junkies-online@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [ceilidh-junkies-online] Vote for the Best Scottish Dance Band

Dear All

Wondered if you'd heard about the BBC awards for the best Scottish Dance
Band ? "It's your chance to support Scotland's rich musical traditions
and
heritage by voting in the inaugural Scots Trad Music Awards. The
competition
for the Best Scottish Dance Band is sponsored by National Association of
Accordion and Fiddle Club. You get to vote on line for your choice of 4
of
the Best Scottish Dance Bands:

The Occasionals
Alasdair MacCuish and the Black Rose Ceilidh Band
Gordon Shand
Colin Dewar

The first awards ceremony will take place on Saturday, 13th September
2003
at The Queen's Hall in Edinburgh and will be broadcast live on BBC Radio
Scotland's Travelling Folk."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/scotland/musicscotland/celticroots/trad_awards/inde
x.shtml

Cheers Sue

[ceilidh-junkies-online] Vote for the Best Scottish Dance Band

Message 35536 · Alan Paterson · 13 Jun 2003 10:57:14 · Top

Ian Brockbank wrote:

> Dear All
>
> Wondered if you'd heard about the BBC awards for the best Scottish Dance
> Band ? "It's your chance to support Scotland's rich musical traditions
> and
> heritage by voting in the inaugural Scots Trad Music Awards. The
> competition
> for the Best Scottish Dance Band is sponsored by National Association of
> Accordion and Fiddle Club. You get to vote on line for your choice of 4
> of
> the Best Scottish Dance Bands:
>
> The Occasionals
> Alasdair MacCuish and the Black Rose Ceilidh Band
> Gordon Shand
> Colin Dewar

So how can I get my vote in for Sound Company?

> The first awards ceremony will take place on Saturday, 13th September
> 2003
> at The Queen's Hall in Edinburgh and will be broadcast live on BBC Radio
> Scotland's Travelling Folk."
>
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/scotland/musicscotland/celticroots/trad_awards/inde
> x.shtml
>
> Cheers Sue

Alan

Vote for the Best Scottish Dance Band

Message 35570 · Peter Hastings · 17 Jun 2003 01:30:49 · Top

Presumably we can also vote for (in no particular
order) our favourite tool:

scalpel
backhoe
wood plane
anvil

The candidate bands are each individually superb but
are also, quite literally, incomparable.

As a culture we have far too few award ceremonies (or
'Best of' lists) so another one, however meaningless,
is certainly welcome.

Peter Hastings
Murieston
:)

> The
> competition
> for the Best Scottish Dance Band is sponsored by
> National Association of
> Accordion and Fiddle Club. You get to vote on line
> for your choice of 4
> of
> the Best Scottish Dance Bands:
>
> The Occasionals
> Alasdair MacCuish and the Black Rose Ceilidh
> Band
> Gordon Shand
> Colin Dewar

http://sbc.yahoo.com

Vote for the Best Scottish Dance Band

Message 35571 · Helen P. · 17 Jun 2003 01:39:12 · Top

Seems t'me that it would be the one playing whenever I'm at a fun dance.
<G>

-- Helen (MD USA)
grabbing my ghillies and dashing merrily off to class...