strathspey Archive: Looking for dance sources

Looking for dance sources

Message 35500 · Ian Brockbank · 10 Jun 2003 23:57:42 · Top

Hi,

I'm looking for original instructions for the following dances:

La Fete Champetre by Barry Priddey
Southern Stars by Jeff Green
Nine Ladies Dancing by Jennifer Kelly
New Parliament Jig by ???
(is this last John Colville's New Parliament House Jig?)

Thanks to Alan's wonderful database, I know that publications I
want are:

?
Southern Stars book by Jeff Green
Performance Dancing with... by The Red Thistle Dancers
?

respectively.

Can anyone recommend a source for any or all of these, or contact
details of the devisors? Also, is there anyone who would be prepared
to provide instructions while I track these down?

Please reply privately.

Thanks in advance,

Ian
-- Please use ian@scottishdance.net for emails --
Ian Brockbank, Edinburgh, Scotland ian@scottishdance.net
Grand Chain: the Scottish Dance Resource - http://www.scottishdance.net
Feed the world: http://www.thehungersite.com/

Looking for dance sources

Message 35501 · Moira Theriault · 11 Jun 2003 06:35:58 · Top

Ian,
Nine Ladies Dancing was written by Jennifer Kelly, Director of Red Thistle
Dancers.
You can obtain information about them at www.redthistledancers.org
Moira Theriault
gr8scot@earthlink.net

Message 35502 · Alan Twhigg · 11 Jun 2003 07:45:47 · Top

Hi Ian,

The dance by Barry Priddey is actually titled, somewhat macaronically,
"The Fete Champetre" (from a Burns verse) and is in his Golden Oriole Book.

I have the notes for this, and also for Nine Ladies Dancing, which is
published in the booklet that accompanies the video "Performance Dancing
with the Red Thistle Dancers."

Let me know what details you need - I also have "The New Parliament
House Jig" by John Colville, if that is what you're looking for. Sorry,
can't help with Southern Stars.

-Alan Twhigg.

Ian Brockbank wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I'm looking for original instructions for the following dances:
>
>La Fete Champetre by Barry Priddey
>Southern Stars by Jeff Green
>Nine Ladies Dancing by Jennifer Kelly
>New Parliament Jig by ???
> (is this last John Colville's New Parliament House Jig?)
>
>Thanks to Alan's wonderful database, I know that publications I
>want are:
>
>?
>Southern Stars book by Jeff Green
>Performance Dancing with... by The Red Thistle Dancers
>?
>
>respectively.
>
>Can anyone recommend a source for any or all of these, or contact
>details of the devisors? Also, is there anyone who would be prepared
>to provide instructions while I track these down?
>
>Please reply privately.
>
>Thanks in advance,
>
>Ian
>-- Please use ian@scottishdance.net for emails --
>Ian Brockbank, Edinburgh, Scotland ian@scottishdance.net
>Grand Chain: the Scottish Dance Resource - http://www.scottishdance.net
> Feed the world: http://www.thehungersite.com/

Looking for dance sources

Message 35511 · Colleen Putt · 11 Jun 2003 16:19:11 · Top

Okay, I'll bite. What's "macaronically" mean?
Cheers,
Colleen

> Hi Ian,
>
> The dance by Barry Priddey is actually titled, somewhat macaronically,
> "The Fete Champetre" (from a Burns verse) and is in his Golden Oriole Book.
>
> I have the notes for this, and also for Nine Ladies Dancing, which is
> published in the booklet that accompanies the video "Performance Dancing
> with the Red Thistle Dancers."
>
> Let me know what details you need - I also have "The New Parliament
> House Jig" by John Colville, if that is what you're looking for. Sorry,
> can't help with Southern Stars.
>
> -Alan Twhigg.
>

> Ian Brockbank wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >I'm looking for original instructions for the following dances:
> >
> >La Fete Champetre by Barry Priddey
> >Southern Stars by Jeff Green
> >Nine Ladies Dancing by Jennifer Kelly
> >New Parliament Jig by ???
> > (is this last John Colville's New Parliament House Jig?)
> >
> >Thanks to Alan's wonderful database, I know that publications I
> >want are:
> >
> >?
> >Southern Stars book by Jeff Green
> >Performance Dancing with... by The Red Thistle Dancers
> >?
> >
> >respectively.
> >
> >Can anyone recommend a source for any or all of these, or contact
> >details of the devisors? Also, is there anyone who would be prepared
> >to provide instructions while I track these down?
> >
> >Please reply privately.
> >
> >Thanks in advance,
> >
> >Ian
> >-- Please use ian@scottishdance.net for emails --
> >Ian Brockbank, Edinburgh, Scotland ian@scottishdance.net
> >Grand Chain: the Scottish Dance Resource - http://www.scottishdance.net
> > Feed the world: http://www.thehungersite.com/

Looking for dance sources

Message 35513 · Jan E Rudge · 11 Jun 2003 17:12:29 · Top

> The dance by Barry Priddey is actually titled, somewhat macaronically,
> "The Fete Champetre"

< Okay, I'll bite. What's "macaronically" mean? >

From www.dictionary.com....
macaronic : involving a mixture of two or more languages

Jan

Beaconsfield, UK

Looking for dance sources

Message 35515 · Colleen Putt · 11 Jun 2003 18:09:41 · Top

Thanks beaucoup!
Cheers,
Colleen

> > The dance by Barry Priddey is actually titled, somewhat macaronically,
> > "The Fete Champetre"
>
> < Okay, I'll bite. What's "macaronically" mean? >
>
> From www.dictionary.com....
> macaronic : involving a mixture of two or more languages
>
> Jan
>
> Beaconsfield, UK

Looking for dance sources

Message 35508 · mlbrown · 11 Jun 2003 09:49:27 · Top

I'll send Ian instructions for Jeff's dance. (He let me have a copy of his
book, and taught the dance to my class, when he visited York last year)

Malcolm

Malcolm & Helen Brown
York - UK