strathspey Archive: The Tournee

The Tournee

Message 34935 · ParadiseMO · 10 Apr 2003 11:51:14 · Top

All the days and days of postings about the tournee just reconfirms my
approach to the figure. Simply avoid all dances with a tournee in them. Why
dance something that makes dancers panic?

DOUG SCHNEIDER
St Louis, Missouri

The Tournee

Message 34936 · Alan Paterson · 10 Apr 2003 12:19:12 · Top

ParadiseMO@aol.com wrote:

> All the days and days of postings about the tournee just reconfirms my
> approach to the figure. Simply avoid all dances with a tournee in them.
> Why
> dance something that makes dancers panic?
>
> DOUG SCHNEIDER
> St Louis, Missouri

Hmm. If panic is a valid criterion, then, according to what I have
observed, we can leave out all dances with:

- Reels-of-three
- Reels-of-four
- Any reels at all actually
- Poussette of any description
- Turn corners and partner
- Rights and lefts
- Hello Goodbye
- Double triangles
- Double figures of eight (single seem OK)
- 'Exotic' formations (e.g. Rondel, Tourbillon, Espagnole, Set and Rotate,
...)
- Anything with Pas de Basque at all

Should be enough left for a panic-free existence.

Alan (WTFIC)

The Tournee

Message 34946 · ron.mackey · 11 Apr 2003 01:22:34 · Top

> All the days and days of postings about the tournee just reconfirms my
> approach to the figure. Simply avoid all dances with a tournee in them.
> Why dance something that makes dancers panic?

What kind of nasty bullying teachers have you got who make you
panic or even worried about anything you do on a dance floor?? :)
CAN you panoc and smile at the same time?? :)
Happy Dancing
Cheers :)
Ron

Ron Mackey. London Branch (and Croydon)
39, Grove Park Road,
Mottingham
London SE9 4NS

The Tournee

Message 34947 · Norman Dahl · 11 Apr 2003 01:57:09 · Top

"Grimace" might put it better :-|>

-norman-

On Friday, Apr 11, 2003, at 10:21 Australia/Brisbane,
ron.mackey@mail.btinternet.com wrote:

> CAN you panoc and smile at the same time?? :)
---
Norman Dahl
Brisbane, Australia

It is never too late to be what you might have been.
-- George Eliot
---

The Tournee

Message 34950 · Helen P. · 11 Apr 2003 08:35:49 · Top