strathspey Archive: Original tunes

Original tunes

Message 32638 · seonaid.gent · 21 Nov 2002 00:49:52 · Top

Hi,

Does anyone have information about original (recommended) tunes for Edmonton Snowball (4x32J), The Elephant Stampede (4x48R) or October's Party (4x32R)?

I suspect Alan may be interested on information on these dances I couldn't find them on dancedata.

Thanks,

Seonaid

--------------------

Original tunes

Message 32648 · Alan Paterson · 21 Nov 2002 07:58:44 · Top

seonaid.gent@talk21.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Does anyone have information about original (recommended) tunes for Edmonton Snowball (4x32J), The Elephant Stampede (4x48R) or October's Party (4x32R)?
>
> I suspect Alan may be interested on information on these dances I couldn't find them on dancedata.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Seonaid

The phrase which comes to mind is one oft used by an esteemed member
of this mailing list and goes along the lines of questioning whether
an elderly gentlemen living in an enclave in Rome and usually seen
dressed in white actually is a practicing member of the Church founded
by Saint Peter.

Alan

Original tunes

Message 32650 · Keith Eric Grant · 21 Nov 2002 08:17:46 · Top

Alan Paterson wrote:

> The phrase which comes to mind is one oft used by an esteemed member
> of this mailing list and goes along the lines of questioning whether
> an elderly gentlemen living in an enclave in Rome and usually seen
> dressed in white actually is a practicing member of the Church founded
> by Saint Peter.

Ah yes, a question of the same nature as that of whether a greenish
amphibian noted for its leaping and singing abilities has a sphincter up to
the task of keeping it from flooding and sinking when submerged.

...Keith

--

+----------------------------+-------------------------------------------+
I Keith Eric Grant I Writers love language, and they will I

Original tunes

Message 32652 · Pia Walker · 21 Nov 2002 11:25:59 · Top

I can recommend the Elephant Stampede - did it at St Andrews uni. a couple
of years ago - it is for superfit - extremely long-legged - compus-mentus
dancers - who are not directionally challenged - needlessly to say that if
it hadn't been for the rest of the set - I would have been hopelessly lost.

Pia

> Does anyone have information about original (recommended) tunes for
Edmonton Snowball (4x32J), The Elephant Stampede (4x48R) or October's Party
(4x32R)?

> I suspect Alan may be interested on information on these dances I couldn't
find them on dancedata.

> Thanks,
>
> Seonaid
>

> --------------------
> talk21 your FREE portable and private address on the net at
http://www.talk21.com

Original tunes

Message 32662 · seonaid.gent · 21 Nov 2002 18:27:41 · Top

Am I missing something? Or have I just had too long a day?

Seonaid

>an elderly gentlemen living in an enclave in Rome and usually seen
>dressed in white actually is a practicing member of the Church founded
>by Saint Peter.
>
>Alan

--------------------

Original tunes

Message 32663 · Patricia Ruggiero · 21 Nov 2002 18:31:58 · Top

"Is the Pope Catholic?"

But I haven't noticed anyone on the list using this expression....?

Pat

--------------------
talk21 your FREE portable and private address on the net at
http://www.talk21.com

Original tunes

Message 32671 · ron.mackey · 21 Nov 2002 22:03:27 · Top

> "Is the Pope Catholic?"
>
> But I haven't noticed anyone on the list using this expression....?
>
> Pat

No, Pat. It is only used in circles where it is necessary to use
'smart talk' to retain ones' street cred. ! :)

Happy Dancing
Cheers :)
Ron

Ron Mackey. London Branch (and Croydon)
39, Grove Park Road,
Mottingham
London SE9 4NS

Original tunes

Message 32673 · Marie Pottinger · 21 Nov 2002 22:56:14 · Top

Pia,
Re your highly flattering comments on St Andrews (Celtic) dancers and
Elephant Stampede. You're too kind. No, really, you are too kind...

M x.

"compos-mentis"???
"not directionally challenged"?????

----------------------
J. Marie Pottinger
15 Leabrook Road, Dronfield, S18 8YS
01246 412415 / 07752 854721
http://www.vickysjokes.com/funny/bush_aerobics.asp
http://www.vickysjokes.com/funny/dayo2.asp

Original tunes

Message 32681 · Pia Walker · 22 Nov 2002 15:29:33 · Top

Don't mention it - I say - don't mention it :>)
My only problem is being outside the loop, I don't get info on dances until
afterwards :>)

Compos-mentis - spelling might be wonky - but "the full shilling" "all
there" "thinking" ought to cover it.
"directionally challenged" = knowing which is right and which is left
withour writing it on hands or looking at them first.

Pia