strathspey Archive: Virus

Virus

Message 32634 · Ron Taylor · 20 Nov 2002 19:43:48 · Top

I can assure Mr Goss that no virus has originated from me - I have received them like everyone else but they have been deleted from my system.

The Ron

Virus

Message 32635 · Alasdair Graham · 20 Nov 2002 20:49:37 · Top

Must be discrimination as I have not received any.

Seriously, most viruses originate from a computer OTHER than the supposed
sender of the e-mail as the virus spoofs the sender address from the
infected computer. All you can be sure of is that it came from a machine
with the alleged senders address in the address book.

Messages from Strathspey Server are all in PLAIN TEXT and these can not
carry a virus (Yet). That is the reason we use PLAIN TEXT.

Alasdair Graham

We should be careful to get out of an experience only the wisdom that is in
it,
and stop there; lest we be like the cat that sits down on a hot stove lid.
She
will never sit down on a hot stove lid again, and that is well; but also she
will never sit down on a cold one anymore. -- Mark
Twain