strathspey Archive: Swedish Masquerade

Swedish Masquerade

Message 29143 · Anne Cole · 18 Jan 2002 01:36:18 · Top

I have a tune , on a CD, for Swedish Masquerade. Is this a dance? If so
where can I find the instructions?
Anne

Swedish Masquerade

Message 29146 · SallenNic · 18 Jan 2002 02:36:54 · Top

I have replied privately with the instructions.

Nicolas B., Lanark, Scotland.

Swedish Masquerade

Message 29147 · SMiskoe · 18 Jan 2002 02:57:19 · Top

This is a couple dance, found in the collins Pocket Book under the ceilidh
section.
It is a pompous march, then a waltz, then a schottische. It has been in the
International Folk Dance repertoire for many years, is Danish.
Sylvia Miskoe, Concord, NH USA

Swedish Masquerade

Message 29148 · RON TAYLOR · 18 Jan 2002 07:50:19 · Top

On page 278 of Collins Pocket Reference Book - Scottish Country Dancing.

Ron Taylor