strathspey Archive: Music

Music

Message 27767 · ron.mackey · 5 Oct 2001 23:51:11 · Top

Hi,
We were talking about music recently and I have just taught
Willie's Rare and Willie's Fair From the MM Miscellany to the music
of Muriel Johnstone who has done music for all the Miscellanies. This
one is from Vol.4 of the tapes (don't know about the CD number) and
it is absolutely brilliant. Nearly made me break my own rule of not
dancing in my own class.
It's a nice dance anyway so, if you have the opportunity, I
recommend that you give it a try.

Happy Dancing
Cheers :)

Ron
Ron Mackey. London Branch

Music

Message 27769 · Fyreladdie · 6 Oct 2001 00:27:45 · Top

Ron,
I have to agree. I have taught it a long time ago and loved the music as
well.

Bob Mc Murtry
Felton, Calif

Music

Message 27856 · shirley butterfield · 12 Oct 2001 05:47:32 · Top

Hi Ron,
I couldn't agree more. The first time I taught it I had more than 1 dancer
so wrapped up in the music they forgot to move.
it is on the Miscellanies Second Part CD if anyone was wondering.
Cheers
Shirley
Shirley Butterfield
Christchurch