strathspey Archive: celtic reel

celtic reel

Message 25717 · M Quinton · 19 Apr 2001 10:51:05 · Top

Rosemary, I apologise for my apparent error re the Celtic Reel , but I
printed the version straight from the net from a dance programme, I forget
which . Incidentally, I was under the impression that I was sending a
private reply to Richard so apologies again that it went "public". Anyhow
thanks for the original version- I will try and obtain the book with the
dance in as I agree it is a lovely dance.
Mary
Kent UK

celtic reel

Message 25731 · Rosemary Coupe · 20 Apr 2001 01:29:01 · Top

Thanks for your message, Mary. It's so easy to see what happened now. Ah,
the power of these machines in the wrong hands (mine). Any credit should go
to my friend Elizabeth Peerless, who thought of the four-bar adjustment. I
hope that the effect of all this will be to focus interest on Barry
Skelton's original dance.

Rosemary Coupe

----- Original Message -----
From: M Quinton <quinton@quintonville.freeserve.co.uk>
To: Scottish Dancing <Strathspey@tm.informatik.uni-frankfurt.de>
Sent: Wednesday, April 18, 2001 3:41 PM
Subject: celtic reel

> Rosemary, I apologise for my apparent error re the Celtic Reel , but I
> printed the version straight from the net from a dance programme, I forget
> which . Incidentally, I was under the impression that I was sending a
> private reply to Richard so apologies again that it went "public". Anyhow
> thanks for the original version- I will try and obtain the book with the
> dance in as I agree it is a lovely dance.
> Mary
> Kent UK
>

> --
> "M Quinton" <quinton@quintonville.freeserve.co.uk>

celtic reel

Message 25746 · Susan McKinnell · 20 Apr 2001 22:29:54 · Top

We danced the 4-couple variant Tuesday and have danced the original in the
recent past. My opinion is that either is a great dance as this is a wonderful
figure!
Sue

Rosemary Coupe wrote:

> Thanks for your message, Mary. It's so easy to see what happened now. Ah,
> the power of these machines in the wrong hands (mine). Any credit should go
> to my friend Elizabeth Peerless, who thought of the four-bar adjustment. I
> hope that the effect of all this will be to focus interest on Barry
> Skelton's original dance.
>
> Rosemary Coupe

Susan McKinnell suem@lucent.com 630-979-5313 630-224-5488(fax)
one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore,
all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -George Bernard Shaw