strathspey Archive: Going to Vienna/Budapest?

Going to Vienna/Budapest?

Message 25702 · James R. Ferguson · 17 Apr 2001 20:35:04 · Top

Hi Out There,

Jim and I were just wondering how many "Strathspey folks" we can expect
to see/meet at the Vienna and Budapest workshops? We're headed that way
and really looking forward to it! Let us know on the server (if you
think others would like to know, also), or send us a private e-mail, so
we can be looking for you.

Donna, Ohio

Going to Vienna/Budapest?

Message 25705 · Ozorak · 17 Apr 2001 23:15:40 · Top

I'm not sure, but I'll be in Slovakia in May.

Etienne

>Jim and I were just wondering how many "Strathspey folks" we can expect
>to see/meet at the Vienna and Budapest workshops? We're headed that way
>and really looking forward to it! Let us know on the server (if you
>think others would like to know, also), or send us a private e-mail, so
>we can be looking for you.
>
>Donna, Ohio
>

>--
>Jim and Donna Ferguson <jfergie@jadeinc.com>

Going to Vienna/Budapest?

Message 25712 · Pia Walker · 18 Apr 2001 13:35:35 · Top

I'm going - looking forward to seeing you there

Pia
> Jim and I were just wondering how many "Strathspey folks" we can expect
> to see/meet at the Vienna and Budapest workshops? We're headed that way
> and really looking forward to it! Let us know on the server (if you
> think others would like to know, also), or send us a private e-mail, so
> we can be looking for you.
>
> Donna, Ohio
>

> --
> Jim and Donna Ferguson <jfergie@jadeinc.com>

Going to Vienna/Budapest?

Message 25714 · James R. Ferguson · 18 Apr 2001 16:51:14 · Top

Pia,

Good, we'll see you there! Thanks for the reply.

Donna

Pia Walker wrote:

> I'm going - looking forward to seeing you there
>
> Pia

Going to Vienna/Budapest?

Message 25719 · RSCDSSB · 19 Apr 2001 11:04:37 · Top

Dear Donna and Jim:

Happy to reply that I will also be attending the Vienna workshop and the
pre-holiday to Salzburg, but, sadly, not to Budapest.

It will be lovely to meet faces to put with names I've seen often on this
list. From Ohio, you surely know my dear friend, Kitty Easton, formerly from
Cleveland, who will be my roommie.

Look forward to meeting Pia, also.

Your extended hand in the circle of SCD friendship is eagerly taken. Thank
you for the very kind gesture.

Donna Pinckney
La Jolla, CA

Going to Vienna/Budapest?

Message 25722 · Martin.Sheffield · 19 Apr 2001 11:51:52 · Top

At 12:36 17/04/01 -0400, you wrote:

>Jim and I were just wondering how many "Strathspey folks" we can expect
>to see/meet at the Vienna and Budapest workshops?

Martin & Genevieve from Grenoble are booked for both.

Going to Vienna/Budapest?

Message 25724 · Pia Walker · 19 Apr 2001 16:20:16 · Top

It looks as if we need to have some sort of identification - so we can
easily recognize "old" friends :>) Has anyone any suggestions? Apart from
red rose in buttonhole.

Pia

> Happy to reply that I will also be attending the Vienna workshop and the
> pre-holiday to Salzburg, but, sadly, not to Budapest.
>
> It will be lovely to meet faces to put with names I've seen often on this
> list. From Ohio, you surely know my dear friend, Kitty Easton, formerly
from
> Cleveland, who will be my roommie.
>
> Look forward to meeting Pia, also.
>
> Your extended hand in the circle of SCD friendship is eagerly taken.
Thank
> you for the very kind gesture.
>
> Donna Pinckney
> La Jolla, CA
>
> --
> RSCDSSB@aol.com

Going to Vienna/Budapest?

Message 25726 · Ozorak · 19 Apr 2001 17:02:04 · Top

I will be landing in Vienna on the 5th and staying in Bratislava on the 5th
on completely unrelated matters. Too bad I can't attend.

Etienne

>>Jim and I were just wondering how many "Strathspey folks" we can expect
>>to see/meet at the Vienna and Budapest workshops?
>
>Martin & Genevieve from Grenoble are booked for both.
>

>--
>M Sheffield <martin.sheffield@wanadoo.fr>

Going to Vienna/Budapest?

Message 25727 · Susi Mayr · 19 Apr 2001 17:21:33 · Top

Let me know what you decide on - I'm expecting to be there ...

Susi

Susi Mayr
Vienna, Austria
susi@redrose.co.at

Pia Walker wrote:

> It looks as if we need to have some sort of identification - so we can
> easily recognize "old" friends :>) Has anyone any suggestions? Apart from
> red rose in buttonhole.
>
> Pia

Going to Vienna/Budapest?

Message 25728 · Priscilla M. Burrage · 19 Apr 2001 18:25:42 · Top

On Thu, 19 Apr 2001, Pia Walker wrote:

> It looks as if we need to have some sort of identification - so we can
> easily recognize "old" friends :>) Has anyone any suggestions?

How about adding to your badges? Your email address would be most useful.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Priscilla Burrage Vermont US
(pburrage@zoo.uvm.edu)

Going to Vienna/Budapest?

Message 25732 · ron.mackey · 20 Apr 2001 02:45:36 · Top

> It looks as if we need to have some sort of identification - so we can
> easily recognize "old" friends :>) Has anyone any suggestions? Apart from
> red rose in buttonhole.
>
> Pia

Hi,
How about the Strathi badge that Anja designed? I regularly wear one
at gatherings, as does Eric Ferguson, and I always carry spares with
the strathspey address and my own on the reverse. Much easier than
writing names and address on scraps of paper in crowded situations
like bars and dances. :)
Happy holiday,
Enviously,

Cheers, Ron :)

'O> Mottingham,
/#\ London. UK.
l>
Ron.Mackey@btinternet.com

Going to Vienna/Budapest?

Message 25739 · James R. Ferguson · 20 Apr 2001 09:15:26 · Top

So, Ron, where could we get these little badges? Donna

ron.mackey@mail.btinternet.com wrote:

> > It looks as if we need to have some sort of identification - so we can
> > easily recognize "old" friends :>) Has anyone any suggestions? Apart from
> > red rose in buttonhole.
> >
> > Pia
>
> Hi,
> How about the Strathi badge that Anja designed? I regularly wear one
> at gatherings, as does Eric Ferguson, and I always carry spares with
> the strathspey address and my own on the reverse. Much easier than
> writing names and address on scraps of paper in crowded situations
> like bars and dances. :)
> Happy holiday,
> Enviously,
>
> Cheers, Ron :)
>
> < 0 Ron Mackey,(Purveyor of Pat's Party Pieces)
> 'O> Mottingham,
> /#\ London. UK.
> l>
> Ron.Mackey@btinternet.com

Going to Vienna/Budapest?

Message 25742 · Pia Walker · 20 Apr 2001 16:25:53 · Top

Send me one or a file of it, and I will try and get some duplicated.

Pia
> > It looks as if we need to have some sort of identification - so we can
> > easily recognize "old" friends :>) Has anyone any suggestions? Apart
from
> > red rose in buttonhole.
> >
> > Pia
>
> Hi,
> How about the Strathi badge that Anja designed? I regularly wear one
> at gatherings, as does Eric Ferguson, and I always carry spares with
> the strathspey address and my own on the reverse. Much easier than
> writing names and address on scraps of paper in crowded situations
> like bars and dances. :)
> Happy holiday,
> Enviously,
>
> Cheers, Ron :)
>
> < 0 Ron Mackey,(Purveyor of Pat's Party Pieces)
> 'O> Mottingham,
> /#\ London. UK.
> l>
> Ron.Mackey@btinternet.com

Going to Vienna/Budapest?

Message 25745 · Pia Walker · 20 Apr 2001 20:57:53 · Top

To all who is going to be in Vienna and Budapest.

If you have anything you really, really desperately need which does not
weigh a tonne from HQ, I will be quite happy to lug it out to Vienna and
Budapest. I myself will be investing in a baseball cap - to sport on my
travels in these two cities. (To keep the sun out of my eyes).

Let me know privately please.

Pia

Going to Vienna/Budapest?

Message 25747 · JANGSTROM · 20 Apr 2001 23:41:03 · Top

What are our chances of having warm weather and sunshine? We sure haven't
seen much of either in Massachusetts!
Looking forward to meeting everyone.
Jane

Going to Vienna/Budapest?

Message 25748 · Susi Mayr · 21 Apr 2001 01:22:16 · Top

Well, today it was grey, wet and cold (and snowing in some places) but
they're predicting sun and warmth by Wednesday. Keep your fingers
crossed ...

Susi
Susi Mayr
Vienna, Austria
susi@redrose.co.at

JANGSTROM@aol.com wrote:

> What are our chances of having warm weather and sunshine? We sure haven't
> seen much of either in Massachusetts!
> Looking forward to meeting everyone.
> Jane
>
> --
> JANGSTROM@aol.com

Going to Vienna/Budapest?

Message 25751 · Chris1Ronald · 21 Apr 2001 07:29:45 · Top

In a message dated 04/20/2001 1:15:43 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
jfergie@jadeinc.com writes:

My wife suggests a club for Strathspey widows and widowers too :-)

Chris.