strathspey Archive: Reports on British Columbia Forest Companies

Reports on British Columbia Forest Companies

Message 23124 · Bruce Bressette · 16 Oct 2000 17:45:35 · Top

Hello All:

check out the updated reports http://www.bcforestry.com

they are on the bottom of the front page

Reports on British Columbia Forest Companies

Message 23125 · Priscilla M. Burrage · 16 Oct 2000 17:55:16 · Top

On Mon, 16 Oct 2000, Bruce Bressette wrote:

> check out the updated reports http://www.bcforestry.com

Are the trees dancing?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Priscilla Burrage Vermont US
(pburrage@zoo.uvm.edu)

Reports on British Columbia Forest Companies

Message 23126 · Anselm Lingnau · 16 Oct 2000 18:19:41 · Top

Priscilla M. Burrage <pburrage@zoo.uvm.edu> writes:

> Are the trees dancing?

Not as far as I can tell from his web site!

For the record, this kind of unsolicited advertising is not something I,
as the list manager, will condone. Many people try to send such stuff to
the list, and nearly all of this is filtered out automatically because
the perpetrator is not a subscriber to Strathspey. Now this person has
actually taken the trouble of subscribing and confirming his
subscription immediately before sending his spam. I've sent him a
strongly-worded note to the effect that if he does it again he will be
kicked off the list and not be allowed on again (for all I know he might
be a dancer even though he has an axe to grind (no pun intended), and
I'm not going to throw people out without due warning), but I hope that
this doesn't mark the beginning of a trend -- or that, if he does
subscribe to every mailing list in sight in order to unload his gunk,
there will be enough traffic coming back to him that his ISP will have a
word.

So, sorry for the inconvenience but this isn't something I can do a lot
about pro-actively short of `moderating' every single item submitted to
Strathspey -- and I have neither the time nor the inclination to do
that.

Anselm

Reports on British Columbia Forest Companies

Message 23127 · Keith Eric Grant · 16 Oct 2000 18:25:12 · Top

"Priscilla M. Burrage" wrote:

> On Mon, 16 Oct 2000, Bruce Bressette wrote:
>
> > check out the updated reports http://www.bcforestry.com
>
> Are the trees dancing?

Perhaps they are Scotch pine?

...Keith

--

+------------------------------+-------------------------------------------+
I Keith Eric Grant I Hail to the mountains with summits of I

Reports on British Columbia Forest Companies

Message 23129 · Keith Eric Grant · 16 Oct 2000 19:15:38 · Top

Anselm Lingnau wrote:

> Priscilla M. Burrage <pburrage@zoo.uvm.edu> writes:
>
> > Are the trees dancing?
>
> Not as far as I can tell from his web site!
>

> So, sorry for the inconvenience but this isn't something I can do a lot
> about pro-actively short of `moderating' every single item submitted to
> Strathspey -- and I have neither the time nor the inclination to do
> that.

Anselm,

Thanks for your efforts to keep the snow from falling off the branches in
great clumps about our heads. This group, however, has always had a knack
for turning the minor intrusion to its own purposes. Perhaps we can use this
to spark a discussion of "dances of a needle". It may not yet be Samhain and
still the catalogs with snowmen and evergreens on the front have started to
enter the mail box. What immediately comes dancewise to mind is Pinewoods
Reel. Any others such dances with which we can needle each other in good
spirt?

...Keith

--

+------------------------------+-------------------------------------------+
I Keith Eric Grant I Hail to the mountains with summits of I
I <keg@ramblemuse.com> I blue. To the glens with their meadows of I
I http://www.ramblemuse.com/ I sunshine and dew. To the women and men I
I------------------------------I ever constant and true. Ever ready to I
I Over the hills, but not I welcome one home. I
I too far away from the I From the Scottish-American traditional I
I San Francisco East Bay I song "Mist Covered Mountains". I
+------------------------------+-------------------------------------------+

Reports on British Columbia Forest Companies

Message 23130 · Norah Link · 16 Oct 2000 19:24:38 · Top

> From: Keith Eric Grant
> Subject: Re: Reports on British Columbia Forest Companies
>
> Perhaps we can use this
> to spark a discussion of "dances of a needle". It may not yet
> be Samhain and
> still the catalogs with snowmen and evergreens on the front
> have started to
> enter the mail box. What immediately comes dancewise to mind
> is Pinewoods
> Reel. Any others such dances with which we can needle each
> other in good spirt?

Beneath the Pines
The Pines of Pitlochry

I'm sure there are others... Maybe we could devise one called "Thread the
Needle". Hey, Priscilla, here's a new one for your Kitchen Capers series:
"Cranberries and Popcorn".

cheers,
Norah

Reports on British Columbia Forest Companies

Message 23131 · Anselm Lingnau · 16 Oct 2000 19:38:09 · Top

Norah Link <norah@cae.ca> writes:

> Beneath the Pines
> The Pines of Pitlochry
>
> I'm sure there are others...

Here's an excerpt of what Alan's database gave me when I submitted a
query for dance names containing any of the words `pine', `needle',
`fir', or `tree'. I must admit I hardly know any of these dances!

Bear And The Bay Tree, The (Reel-32, Skiera, Nicholas)
Beneath The Pines (Strathspey-32, Sizer, Ralph)
Christmas Tree, The (Reel-32, Skelton, Barry)
Christmas Tree, The (Reel-48, Kirkwhelpington class)
Christmas Tree, The (Medley-64, Roberts, Olivia)
Falling Trees (Reel-32, Glover, Robert E)
[This one may be most appropriate to the original issue.]
Haggis Tree, The (Strathspey-32, Drewry, John)
Hunting The Pinecones (Reel-40, Boyd, Iain)
Pinewoods Medley (Medley-64, Burrage, Priscilla)
Pinewoods Place Rant, The (Strathspey-32, Eder, W Ernst)
Pinewoods Reel (Reel-32, Dickson, John Bowie)
Pinewoods Silver (Strathspey-32, McColl, Jeanetta)
Pinewoods Two-Step, The (March-32, Rae, Jim)
Rowan Tree, The (Strathspey-32, Butterfield, Romaine)
Rowan Tree, The (Strathspey-32, Bell, Dorothy)
Rowan Tree, The (Strathspey-32, Veranth, Martha Morrison)
Scots Pine, The (Strathspey-32, Drewry, John)
Under A Shady Tree (Reel-32, O'Connor, Noeline)
Under The Rowan Tree (Strathspey-32, Wolf, Anne)
Under The Trees (Jig-24, Hunt, Carolyn)
Valley Full Of Tree-Tops, A (Reel-32, Drewry, John)

Anselm
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to
keep. -- Scott Adams