strathspey Archive: Give yourself a Refreshing Dance Experience soon!!!!

Give yourself a Refreshing Dance Experience soon!!!!

Message 22103 · Marilynn Knight · 15 Aug 2000 14:47:19 · Top

-----Original Message-----
From: Marilynn Knight
Sent: Tuesday, August 15, 2000 6:42 AM
To: 'bsager3@juno.com'
Subject: A favor, if possible

:

Why miss a unique opportunity to not only dance to Liz Donaldson's wonderful
keyboard Scottish Country Dance music, but also to learn from her splendid
teaching, her wisdom and rich personal history of the dance, including
receiving her full certification from Miss Milligan Herself? As an
additional perk, to learn one of her many lovely dances, Long Pond Reel, and
then dance it in the evening! Not only these unique benefits of attendance,
but also to learn two English Country Dances, chosen explicitly for their
gorgeous music and their close correlation with Scottish Country Dance. A
full day of dancing well into the evening August 26, Columbia, SC, to the
infectious duo of 'Waverly Station', namely Liz Donaldson, on piano, & Dave
Knight, on fiddle.

Lovely hotel rooms are still available literally across the street from the
dance/workshop location(Shandon Presbyterian, 607 Woodrow Street). The
Whitney Hotel has steeply discounted for us, just remind them you are a
Scottish Country Dancer. Balconys, kitchens, living rooms, etc. Full
continental breakfast. This is where Bob Dylan stays when he comes to
Columbia. Right on a street of gift shops, fine restaurants, antiques
stores, all in easy walk.

"Say no more.....:-)" Just let us know you are coming by August 23 so we
can alert the caterer to provide lunch for you. Call/e-mail Marilynn
Knight.. 803-376-5081 marilynnk@sccc.org <mailto:marilynnk@sccc.org> We
will truly miss you if you are not here, but think what you also will be
missing!!!

Give yourself a Refreshing Dance Experience soon!!!!

Message 22182 · jdgawlas · 25 Aug 2000 06:00:19 · Top

Marilynn,

Donna and I have decided on short notice to go to your workshop. I just
remembered this message about the caterer. I hope you can still squeeze us
in. Otherwise, it will be fine for us to get our own lunch.

See you Saturday.

Jim Gawlas

> Why miss a unique opportunity to not only dance to Liz Donaldson's
wonderful
> keyboard Scottish Country Dance music, but also to learn from her splendid
> teaching, her wisdom and rich personal history of the dance, including
> receiving her full certification from Miss Milligan Herself? As an
> additional perk, to learn one of her many lovely dances, Long Pond Reel,
and
> then dance it in the evening! Not only these unique benefits of
attendance,
> but also to learn two English Country Dances, chosen explicitly for their
> gorgeous music and their close correlation with Scottish Country Dance. A
> full day of dancing well into the evening August 26, Columbia, SC, to the
> infectious duo of 'Waverly Station', namely Liz Donaldson, on piano, &
Dave
> Knight, on fiddle.
>
> Lovely hotel rooms are still available literally across the street from
the
> dance/workshop location(Shandon Presbyterian, 607 Woodrow Street). The
> Whitney Hotel has steeply discounted for us, just remind them you are a
> Scottish Country Dancer. Balconys, kitchens, living rooms, etc. Full
> continental breakfast. This is where Bob Dylan stays when he comes to
> Columbia. Right on a street of gift shops, fine restaurants, antiques
> stores, all in easy walk.
>
> "Say no more.....:-)" Just let us know you are coming by August 23 so we
> can alert the caterer to provide lunch for you. Call/e-mail Marilynn
> Knight.. 803-376-5081 marilynnk@sccc.org <mailto:marilynnk@sccc.org>
We
> will truly miss you if you are not here, but think what you also will be
> missing!!!

Give yourself a Refreshing Dance Experience soon!!!!

Message 22183 · Marilynn Knight · 25 Aug 2000 14:30:35 · Top

I am so delighted to hear you two are coming!!!! We definitely can tuck you
in for lunch!!! Please register right at 8:30 so you don't miss anything!
We promise you just a lovely day/week end!!!

See y'all soon!

:):):)