strathspey Archive: New dance book

New dance book

Message 21709 · TimToddW · 28 Jun 2000 10:01:39 · Top

The San Francisco Class of the RSCDS-San Francisco Branch is pleased
to announce the publication of "The Solstice Party Book," a collection of
15 Scottish Country dances. At our semi-annual parties, we feature a dance
devised by or for a class member. "The Solstice Party Book" includes 15 of
these dances, music written for 2 of them, an index to figures used, and
illustrations from the wall posters and flyers of past parties. The contents
are
listed below.

Cost: $5 per book + $2 shipping and handling (US$ only), checks should
be made payable to "Susie Langdon Kass."

Orders of 1-4 copies should be directed to:
Susie Langdon Kass
25 Vista Verde Court
San Francisco, CA 94131 USA

Orders of 5 or more copies should be directed to:
Linnea Johnson c/o linneaj@spursuits.com or by snail mail:
485 A Arlington Street
San Francisco, CA 94131 USA

Copies are also available at the San Francisco Thursday night class and/or,
after September 2000, from the RSCDS-San Francisco Branch Bookstore
c/o www.rscds-sf.org/bkstore.html, which also accepts payment in pounds
sterling.

The proceeds from the sale of this book will go to the San Francisco Class for
general operating expenses and for scholarships to class members.

Contents:
The Anderson Kilt -- 32 bar reel for 3 couples
The Captain -- 32 bar reel for 3 couples
Casting Glances -- 32 bar strathspey for 2 couples
Clockwork -- 32 bar jig for 2 couples
Dancing on Parnassus -- 64 bar medley for 4 couples
Home for the Holidays -- 32 bar reel for 3 couples
Mickey's Jig -- 32 bar jig for 3 couples
Naughty Nancy -- 32 bar jig for 3 couples
Pat's Strathspey -- 32 bar strathspey for 3 couples
The Printing Master -- 32 bar strathspey for 3 couples
Redwood Burl -- 32 bar jig for 3 couples
Scotland the Brave -- 32 bar reel for 3 couples
Sun Dance -- 32 bar reel for 3 couples
Tenaby -- 32 bar jig for 2 couples
Winter Wooing -- 32 bar reel for 3 couples

New dance book

Message 21746 · cnordj · 29 Jun 2000 01:29:42 · Top

Hi Storekeeper, FYI, Carol J