strathspey Archive: un-subscribe

un-subscribe

Message 21536 · Murray Wilson · 19 Jun 2000 16:00:48 · Top

un-subscribe

Message 21544 · Murray Wilson · 21 Jun 2000 01:08:35 · Top

un-subscribe

Message 21586 · Murray Wilson · 22 Jun 2000 15:18:14 · Top

Can someone explain why after my third attempt to un-subscribe
it hasn't worked. We leave for four weeks holiday in Scotland,
in three days time and I am starting to panic at the thought
of the backlog of mail.

Murray Wilson
Auckland NZ

un-subscribe

Message 21591 · eclyde · 22 Jun 2000 17:54:49 · Top

Murray:
You have to send your unsubscribe request to a different address. See
below, taken from the Strathspey web site.
All the best,
Eric

Strathspey Mailing List Information
The Strathspey mailing list is a forum for the discussion of all aspects of
Scottish Country Dancing, e.g., dance descriptions, dancing technique, the
history of dances and dancing, learning or teaching how to dance, ... We
also welcome descriptions of new dances, announcements of events like
courses or balls, or anything the subscribers might find interesting.

The mailing list is unmoderated, i.e. everything that is submitted is
forwarded directly to the subscribers of the list. An archive of past
postings and other material is available via the Worldwide Web; use the URL

http://www.tm.informatik.uni-frankfurt.de/strathspey/

Articles to be submitted should be sent to
strathspey@tm.informatik.uni-frankfurt.de

Subscription/unsubscription/info requests should be directed to
strathspey-request@tm.informatik.uni-frankfurt.de

Just send a message with the word `subscribe' in the `Subject:' header to
subscribe to the list. Similarly, send a `Subject:' of `unsubscribe' to
unsubscribe. that list.
The mailing list is also available in digested form, send similar mail to

strathspey-d-request@tm.informatik.uni-frankfurt.de

to (un)subscribe. Digests will be sent out daily (approximately).
In the event of an address change, it would probably be the wisest to first
send an unsubscribe for the old address (this can be done from the new
address), and then a new subscribe to the new address (the order is
important).

Most (un)subscription requests are processed automatically without human
intervention.

Do not send multiple (un)subscription or info requests in one mail. Only one
will be processed per mail.

NOTE: The -request server usually does quite a good job in discriminating
between (un)subscribe requests and messages intended for the maintainer. If
you'd like to make sure a human reads your message, make it look like a
reply (i.e. the first word in the Subject: field should be "Re:", without
the quotes of course); the -request server does not react to replies.

Disclaymore: This mailing list and its maintainer are in no way officially
connected with the Royal Scottish Country Dance Society (the maintainer is a
personal member, though