strathspey Archive: Dancing in Singapore?

Dancing in Singapore?

Message 21128 · JGJredlbbk · 28 Apr 2000 08:27:27 · Top

Hello, my name is Janice Jones in Lubbock Texas, I have a friend who has
just started dancing and really enjoys it but will be in Singapore with her
family for the summer. She would like to know if there are any SCD groups
she can dance with while there. You may reply privately to me at
JGJredlbbk@aol.com or at Ealisaiddancer@aol.com. Thank you for your help.

Janice

Dancing in Singapore?

Message 21130 · Don Pettengill · 28 Apr 2000 09:46:20 · Top

Tell your friend to contact the Singapore Saint Andrew's Society; the
affiliated group there should be in the RSCDS book. I found this link:

http://www.geocities.com/singapore_st_andrews_society/

They are very nice people. We were there in 1996 and have many fond memories.

Don't miss the Jakarta Highland Gathering, if you're in the area at the right
time ...

Don

JGJredlbbk@aol.com wrote:

> Hello, my name is Janice Jones in Lubbock Texas, I have a friend who has
> just started dancing and really enjoys it but will be in Singapore with her
> family for the summer. She would like to know if there are any SCD groups
> she can dance with while there. You may reply privately to me at
> JGJredlbbk@aol.com or at Ealisaiddancer@aol.com. Thank you for your help.
>
> Janice

Dancing in Singapore?

Message 21131 · Ian Brockbank · 28 Apr 2000 11:42:00 · Top

Hi Don,

> Tell your friend to contact the Singapore Saint Andrew's Society;
> the affiliated group there should be in the RSCDS book. I found this
> link:
>
> http://www.geocities.com/singapore_st_andrews_society/

Yippee! Another country hits the map:
http://www.scottishdance.net/groups/Australasia.html

Thanks,

Ian
--
Ian Brockbank, Indigo Active Vision Systems, The Edinburgh Technopole,
Bush Loan, Edinburgh EH26 0PJ Tel: 0131-475-7234 Fax: 0131-475-7201

Dancing in Singapore?

Message 21140 · JGJredlbbk · 29 Apr 2000 08:55:54 · Top

Thanks ever so much Don. I have passed the info on to her and she is
researching the link as we speak. She is very excited as it looks like she
will be there for the Jakarta Highland Gathering after all. Thanks again.

Janice

Dancing in Singapore?

Message 21145 · Nina Cameron · 2 May 2000 09:50:06 · Top

I hope your correspondent realises that Jakarta is on the island of
Java in Indonesia, not Singapore. The two countries are completely
separate entities. However, if she does make it to Jakarta I believe
she will find an active and welcoming Society there and from my
husband's account, an entertaining day's outing at the Jakarta Games.
Regards
Nina

From: JGJredlbbk@aol.com
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2000 00:55:13 EDT
Subject: Re: Dancing in Singapore?
To: strathspey@tm.informatik.uni-frankfurt.de

Thanks ever so much Don. I have passed the info on to her and she is
researching the link as we speak. She is very excited as it looks like she
will be there for the Jakarta Highland Gathering after all. Thanks again.

Janice

--
JGJredlbbk@aol.com

Nina Cameron