strathspey Archive: Nifty Shiftin'

Nifty Shiftin'

Message 20960 · Ian Brockbank · 7 Apr 2000 19:02:34 · Top

Hi Terry,

> Hi, I noticed your dance in the Strathspey list this morning
> and I believe there is a typo in the instructions. In the
> description of bars 21-22, 23-24, and 29-30 the positions of
> 3L and 3M should be switched.

You're absolutely right. Thanks for spotting this. I've fixed it
on the web page -
http://www.scottishdance.net/dances/NiftyShiftin.html

I've also incorporated Eric's suggestion that the 2s and 3s should
set one bar facing the person with whom they have just crossed, and
one bar facing the person with whom they are about to cross.

Cheers,

Ian
--
Ian Brockbank, Indigo Active Vision Systems, The Edinburgh Technopole,
Bush Loan, Edinburgh EH26 0PJ Tel: 0131-475-7234 Fax: 0131-475-7201

Nifty Shiftin'

Message 20961 · Richard L. Walker · 7 Apr 2000 20:11:19 · Top

We do something like that in J.B. Milne. It is probably incorrect (since it
reads to set with only one couple), but it sure(ly sic) makes for a lot of
fun. I always enjoy a bit of sic(k sic) humor.