strathspey Archive: Sociability and stocking up

Sociability and stocking up

Message 19945 · Keith Eric Grant · 3 Jan 2000 20:19:57 · Top

Pia Walker wrote:

> NB! My neighbour has been stocking up on mineral water for the new year,
> just in case and they have bought a gas stove - just in case. :>)
>
> I have just stocked up on wine :>)
>
> Pia

Their are at least two philosophies of stocking up. One is to attempt to
stock up on all needed items. The other is to stock up on a few essentials
plus a substantial number of "trading goods". It appears that you have
mainly pursued the latter strategy, as is congruent with the sociability of
SCD.

...Keith

--

+-----------------------------+-------------------------------------------+
I Keith Eric Grant I Common sense and a sense of humor are the I

Sociability and stocking up

Message 19968 · CLubitz · 5 Jan 2000 06:04:13 · Top

during WW II there was a joke " let's go down to the store and stock up
before the hoarders get there."

Sociability and stocking up

Message 19988 · Angus Henry · 7 Jan 2000 13:18:45 · Top

>Pia Walker wrote:
> >
> > NB! My neighbour has been stocking up on mineral water for the new year,
> > just in case and they have bought a gas stove - just in case. :>)
> >
> > I have just stocked up on wine :>)
> >
> > Pia

Puka and I just went to the New Zealand Summer School from 29 December to 6 January, and all that came to an end was the great time we had there. We danced from dinner time on the 31st until the wee sma' hours on the 1st with appropriate pauses for appropriate refreshments, and NO TV! Thanks to Murray Corps and committee, and a happy new year to all.

Angus

Angus & Puka Henry:- 4 Eagle Court, WULAGI, NT 0812, AUSTRALIA
PHONE: (International) + 61 (0)8 8927 9203
FAX: as phone, but phone FIRST to arrange for it to be switched on!
Website: <http://www.octa.net.au/ahenry/>