strathspey Archive: Ferman Glen

Ferman Glen

Message 18925 · Richard L. Walker · 20 Oct 1999 08:19:03 · Top

A friend of mine attended Hamilton Weekend (this past weekend) and was
taught a dance called (maybe) "Ferman Glen." Is this the actual name of the
dance? Does anyone have the instructions for it? If it appears in a
booklet that can be purchased, what is the name of the booklet?

Richard L Walker
Pensacola, FL 32504-7726 USA
rlwalker@granis.net

Ferman Glen

Message 18926 · Alan Paterson · 20 Oct 1999 09:58:22 · Top

Richard L Walker wrote:

> A friend of mine attended Hamilton Weekend (this past weekend) and was
> taught a dance called (maybe) "Ferman Glen." Is this the actual name of the
> dance? Does anyone have the instructions for it? If it appears in a
> booklet that can be purchased, what is the name of the booklet?

Name doesn't ring any bells as it is. Any chance that it could have been
"Dunfermline Glen"? That is by Roy Goldring and is in his book "Twelve more
Social Dances".

Alan

Ferman Glen

Message 18927 · Richard L. Walker · 20 Oct 1999 16:45:04 · Top

Thanks. Not only "could have been" -- probably is. I searched every way I
could (not many) and found nothing. This helps. Even better, I already
have the book. Thanks again.