strathspey Archive: Scottish Clipart

Scottish Clipart

Message 18860 · Ian Brockbank · 8 Oct 1999 12:17:16 · Top

Hi all,

I seem to remember a while ago someone recommended a web site or web
sites for Scottish clip-art. Can anyone remember what and where?
Can anyone recommend any other sites? I've had a request from
Allistair Brennan:

> Have been searching without success for scottish pictures,clipart
> dancers etc. I found one picture of two pipers from Canada and
> thats about it!
>
> If someone could start a web page with all things very tackily
> scottish - I'm sure it would be appreciated by all amateur poster/
> ticket makers volunteered for the job by spouses etc.
>
> Email: allistairbrennan@hotmail.com

Cheers,

Ian
--
Ian Brockbank, Indigo Active Vision Systems, The Edinburgh Technopole,
Bush Loan, Edinburgh EH26 0PJ Tel: 0131-475-7234 Fax: 0131-475-7201

Scottish Clipart

Message 18862 · Richard L. Walker · 8 Oct 1999 16:22:29 · Top

Although I have searched far and wide I have never found a site with a nice
selection of Scottish clip-art - particularly Scottish country dancing. As
an alternative I have visited every RSCDS site I could find and have
"borrowed" everything I could find at each site. Most sites have a list of
links to other sites so you can accumulate a small collection with a bit of
surfing in that manner.

Scottish Clipart

Message 18863 · RMess61412 · 8 Oct 1999 16:48:36 · Top

There is a 2 CD set of Celtic Clip Art available as well as CD's with Celtic
and other types of Fonts available. I got them from a site called
"Galeforce." Picked up some at the local Celtic Festival may here in Atlanta
from a vendor.

Bob Messner Atlanta Georgia

Scottish Clipart

Message 18867 · John Cahill · 8 Oct 1999 22:44:32 · Top

Don't know if this is what you had in mind but try:
http://www.aon-celtic.com/cfreewareclipart.html

A little advice:

If you access it, you can go make yourself a sandwich and a cup of
coffee. It *may* have finished loading by the time you get back.

Best,

-John-

Ian Brockbank wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I seem to remember a while ago someone recommended a web site or web
> sites for Scottish clip-art. Can anyone remember what and where?
> Can anyone recommend any other sites? I've had a request from
> Allistair Brennan:
>
> > Have been searching without success for scottish pictures,clipart
> > dancers etc. I found one picture of two pipers from Canada and
> > thats about it!
> >
> > If someone could start a web page with all things very tackily
> > scottish - I'm sure it would be appreciated by all amateur poster/
> > ticket makers volunteered for the job by spouses etc.
> >
> > Email: allistairbrennan@hotmail.com

Scottish Clipart

Message 18868 · Melbourne Briscoe · 8 Oct 1999 22:49:29 · Top

Dover has a nice book of Celtic knots, which comes with a CD of all of the
designs, most of which are square or button-shaped (no borders). ISBN
0-486-99940-8; it is $10 US.

I didn't realize until recently that MSWord 97 has a celtic knotwork border
included in its "art" selections for page borders. (format...borders and
shading...page borders...art).

Ellie Briscoe

Scottish Clipart

Message 18871 · Richard L. Walker · 9 Oct 1999 02:19:34 · Top

Nice clip-art but no dancers. I find it interesting that when almost anyone
has Celtic clip-art, it is knot work or fonts -- but no people.

Ian Brockbank wrote:
> I seem to remember a while ago someone recommended a web site or web
> sites for Scottish clip-art. Can anyone remember what and where?
> Can anyone recommend any other sites? I've had a request from
> Allistair Brennan:
>
> > Have been searching without success for scottish pictures,clipart
> > dancers etc. I found one picture of two pipers from Canada and
> > thats about it!
> >
> > If someone could start a web page with all things very tackily
> > scottish - I'm sure it would be appreciated by all amateur poster/
> > ticket makers volunteered for the job by spouses etc.
> >
> > Email: allistairbrennan@hotmail.com

Scottish Clipart

Message 18872 · RMess61412 · 9 Oct 1999 07:04:59 · Top

The two CD's I picked up had Clip Art that had Highland and Country Dancers
(limited) and also artwork usable at games for supporting clan tents etc.

IThe CD we got is titled "The Celtic Collection Vol 2" from Highlander
Graphics Software for PC and Mac. It contains Castles, Abbeys, Bagpipes,
Fonts, Dancers etc.

The web site listed in the documentation is www.highlandersoftware.com with
an email address of highland@wco.com

Bob Messner Atlanta

Scottish Clipart

Message 18889 · Norah Link · 13 Oct 1999 17:54:09 · Top

>>> <strathspey-request@tm.informatik.uni-frankfurt.de> 08/10/99 06:17 pm >>>
Nice clip-art but no dancers. I find it interesting that when almost anyone
has Celtic clip-art, it is knot work or fonts -- but no people.
<<<

I'm not sure where this thread started, but according to my latest newsletter, the
site http://www.aon-celtic.com has instructions for creating Celtic people (newly
added) in addition to Celtic knotwork designs. Also lots of celtic buttons /
borders available for free download.

Norah