strathspey Archive: Reel of Mey (Stan Hamilton music)

Reel of Mey (Stan Hamilton music)

Message 18526 · Jack Pollock · 31 Aug 1999 00:55:43 · Top

The last report I had from TACSound was that they had run into the problem
of multiple owners of rights (not just Stan), and were unsure how many of
the albums they might be able to re-issue. I gather that it is still a work
in progress. Stay tuned.

In the meantime, I recorded all 5 band albums plus The Scotch Piano onto CD,
but would replace them with professionally recorded CDs in a heartbeat.

TACSound said we will probably never see a re-issue of The Scotch Piano,
and the copy I recorded from was very badly banged up. (The dings sound a
lot worse in digital high fidelity.) If anyone has an unplayed, or almost
perfect LP, I'd love to borrow it and make new CDs for both myself and the
owner :-). Since it's out of print, copyright shouldn't be a problem.
Anyone interested?, or know where one can be bought?
It's a treasure.
Jack Pollock
Waynesville, North Carolina, USA