strathspey Archive: Centre shoulder pass - latest version

Centre shoulder pass - latest version

Message 17735 · Bryan McAlister · 21 Jun 1999 12:12:53 · Top

Observed on Saturday 19th at Wedding at Napier University, Edinburgh.
Dance was The Flying Scotsman,
Bars 1-8 Ladies join hands and weave behind first man, between 1st and
2nd, between 2nd and 3rd and back to place, men forming arches.....
Bride, leading starts off round 1st man, 2nd lady attempts centre
shoulder pass with first man, 3rd lady goes between 1st and second
man??.... great crump of heads between Bride and 3rd lady, 2nd lady
unharmed...
Just goes to prove its not as dangerous a move as some....

But before this, I sat in car, in the rain, out in the carpark listening
to the Music Makars on Radio. Great tracks, very musical and definitely
worth listening to again and again. Pity we dont have more bands like
that in Scotland.
Bryan McAlister B Arch RIBA ARIAS
Web page www.bryanmac.demon.co.uk
Mobile phone 07801 793849

music

Message 17741 · Martin.Sheffield · 21 Jun 1999 20:39:35 · Top

someone wrote:

>... listening to the Music Makars on Radio. Great tracks, very musical
>and definitely
>worth listening to again and again. Pity we dont have more bands like
>that in Scotland.

I'm a MM fan too and quite agree.
But keep your head down north of the border, or you're going to get
yourself shot!!!
Martin,
inGrenoble, France.
---
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/scots.in.france/
(dancing, dances, cycling ...)

music

Message 17742 · Priscilla M. Burrage · 21 Jun 1999 22:05:18 · Top

On Mon, 21 Jun 1999, M Sheffield wrote:

> someone wrote:
> >
> >... listening to the Music Makars on Radio. Great tracks, very musical
> >and definitely
> >worth listening to again and again. Pity we dont have more bands like
> >that in Scotland.
>
> I'm a MM fan too and quite agree.
> But keep your head down north of the border, or you're going to get
> yourself shot!!!
> Martin,

Which border??
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Priscilla Burrage Vermont US
(pburrage@zoo.uvm.edu)

music

Message 17743 · Richard L. Walker · 21 Jun 1999 22:47:48 · Top

I'll bet the south one.

Richard L Walker
Pensacola, FL 32504-7726 USA
rlwalker@granis.net

> >... listening to the Music Makars on Radio. Great tracks, very musical
> >and definitely
> >worth listening to again and again. Pity we dont have more bands like
> >that in Scotland.
>
> I'm a MM fan too and quite agree.
> But keep your head down north of the border, or you're going to get
> yourself shot!!!
> Martin,

Which border??
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Priscilla Burrage Vermont US
(pburrage@zoo.uvm.edu)

music

Message 17748 · Martin.Sheffield · 22 Jun 1999 18:47:55 · Top

>>>Pity we dont have more bands like
>>>that in Scotland.
>>
>> north of the border, or you're going to get
>> yourself shot!!!
>> Martin,
>

>Which border??

The one that ought to follow Hadrians's Wall, of course.
Martin,
in Grenoble, France.
---
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/scots.in.france/
(dancing, dances, cycling ...)

music

Message 17751 · Carfuffle · 23 Jun 1999 01:20:49 · Top

More bands like the Music Makars would be a welcome addition ANYWHERE.

Nadene Hunter
Dansville, NY, USA