strathspey Archive: Tape and CD Machine

Tape and CD Machine

Message 17557 · Pauline · 6 Jun 1999 13:42:19 · Top

Hi,

I have just re-subscribed after a long break. Good to read all the
discussions again. I know people talked about the different merits of
machines for classes some time ago, but I cannot remember the details. Our
Queensland Branch in Brisbane, Australia, is looking to replace their
ancient and faithful one and would appreciate all your suggestions.

Has anyone got any ideas of what we can get? (variable speeds for tapes and
CD's as well as cueing dances on tapes as well as CD's) I would appreciate
your expert (and practical) input, thank you.

Pauline Foster

< 0
`;>
/#\

Pauline Foster (Brisbane, Australia) pfoster@gil.com.au

Tape and CD Machine

Message 17558 · Jack Pollock · 6 Jun 1999 16:06:18 · Top

I don't know if Radio Shack has made it to Australia, but here is one option
I heard about from from John Shaw at TACSOUND. I am a big fan of Karioke
machines, because they can be programmed to play only one track.

"Radio Shack have a machine they call "Venturer CDG Karaoke" It is
a top loading CD player and single cassette recorder. It has CD pitch
control and remote. Radio Shack catalogue # is 321-8159.
Catherine used it twice and liked it once she had mastered the remote.
We tried it at home and were impressed. A number of groups(6) have
purchased it and ,from what we hear, are happy."

Jack Pollock
Waynesville, North Carolina, USA
>I have just re-subscribed after a long break. Good to read all the
>discussions again. I know people talked about the different merits of
>machines for classes some time ago, but I cannot remember the details. Our
>Queensland Branch in Brisbane, Australia, is looking to replace their
>ancient and faithful one and would appreciate all your suggestions.
>
>Has anyone got any ideas of what we can get? (variable speeds for tapes and
>CD's as well as cueing dances on tapes as well as CD's) I would appreciate
>your expert (and practical) input, thank you.
>

> Pauline Foster (Brisbane, Australia) pfoster@gil.com.au

Tape and CD Machine

Message 17575 · Iain E. Garden Richardson · 8 Jun 1999 17:35:35 · Top

Hello

We recently bought a machine called "Arbiter CDG-2 Karaoke" -
it's probably identical to the one listed below, "rebadged" perhaps.
A friend of ours who has the same model tells me that the tape
player is not very robust. We use it primarily for CDs and find it
very good - easy to control, variable speed, good volume. The
Karoake part is quite useful, we've used it successfully as a mini-
PA system.

Iain Richardson

> "Radio Shack have a machine they call "Venturer CDG Karaoke" It is
> a top loading CD player and single cassette recorder. It has CD pitch
> control and remote. Radio Shack catalogue # is 321-8159.
> Catherine used it twice and liked it once she had mastered the remote.
> We tried it at home and were impressed. A number of groups(6) have
> purchased it and ,from what we hear, are happy."
>
> Jack Pollock

Iain E. Garden Richardson
Lecturer and researcher: Multimedia Communications
School of Electronic and Electrical Engineering
The Robert Gordon University, Schoolhill, Aberdeen, Scotland, AB10 1FR
Telephone (0)(+44)1224 262428 Facsimile (0)(+44)1224 262444
Email i.g.richardson@rgu.ac.uk
World Wide Web http://www.eee.rgu.ac.uk/