strathspey Archive: Smithsonian Folklife Festival

Smithsonian Folklife Festival

Message 16600 · SMiskoe · 20 Mar 1999 06:23:01 · Top

I would like to share with all of you friends, and after being a part of this
list for so long, I do think of you as friends, some exciting news.
I have been invited, by the State of New Hampshire Arts Council, to be part of
the Smithsonian Folklife Festival!!! Each year the festival highlights a
different pair of states and this year is New Hampshire's turn. The last time
was 1976. The Festival is in Washington DC, on the Mall, from June 23-July 4.
There are 2 5 day sessions and I will be part of the first session. There is
one other accordionist going, he plays Polish music. (No jokes please.) I
would love to see any of you at the Festival. When I know more about the
scheduling I will post an update.
Cheers, from Cloud Nine,
Sylvia Miskoe, Concord, NH USA

Smithsonian Folklife Festival

Message 16606 · Melanie Pratt · 20 Mar 1999 16:23:18 · Top

Dear Cloud Nine -
Congratulations! Champagne all round!
Slainte,
Melanie the Seanachie

> I would like to share with all of you friends, and after being a part
> of this
> list for so long, I do think of you as friends, some exciting news.
> I have been invited, by the State of New Hampshire Arts Council, to be
> part of
> the Smithsonian Folklife Festival!!!

Smithsonian Folklife Festival

Message 16632 · Etienne Ozorak · 22 Mar 1999 15:53:47 · Top

Well deserved! Congratulations!

Etienne