strathspey Archive: Catmint

Catmint

Message 15275 · Malcolm and Helen Brown · 21 Dec 1998 16:12:11 · Top

Seasonal Greetings;

We did a dance called "Catmint" on Friday night; the MC believed that it
came from Germany. Does anyone out there know anything about this
dance? (It worked quite well, providing we concentrated, but then
it was that sort of an evening!)

Malcolm

--
_ _
|_|_ |_| Malcolm & Helen Brown - York (UK) - m.brown@netcomuk.co.uk (Tir-Nan-Og)

Catmint

Message 15276 · Keith Grant · 21 Dec 1998 16:40:29 · Top

"Malcolm & Helen Brown - York (UK)" wrote:

> Seasonal Greetings;
>
> We did a dance called "Catmint" on Friday night; the MC believed that it
> came from Germany. Does anyone out there know anything about this
> dance? (It worked quite well, providing we concentrated, but then
> it was that sort of an evening!)

But does it include a figure in which you flop onto your back and roll
around in the catmint while making loud, rhythmic, sonic vibrations?

...Keith

--

+--------------------------------------+-----------------------------------+
I Keith Eric Grant I We must remember that everything I

Catmint

Message 15278 · Val Stannard · 21 Dec 1998 17:17:40 · Top

Malcolm wrote> We did a dance called "Catmint" on Friday
night.............It worked quite well, providing we concentrated, <

Keith wrote
>But does it include a figure in which you flop onto your back and roll
around in the catmint while making loud, rhythmic, sonic vibrations?<

I was at the same dance on Friday - Malcolm must have better powers of
concentration than me - I got it wrong first time through. I may well have
FELT like rolling around on the floor by the time we had danced it twice,
but I don't think I was supposed to be making VOLUNTARY sonic vibrations!

Val
Val@stannard50.freeserve.co.uk
---------------
Val Stannard,
Bridlington, E. Yorkshire, UK
Tel: 01262-400472

Catmint

Message 15280 · Ian Price · 21 Dec 1998 19:57:53 · Top

Message text written by INTERNET:strathspey@tm.informatik.uni-frankfurt.d=
>Keith wrote
>But does it include a figure in which you flop onto your back and roll
around in the catmint while making loud, rhythmic, sonic vibrations?<<

Only on Saturday mornings while the kids are occupied watching the TV
cartoons. :-)

-2chter