strathspey Archive: Dress Code

Dress Code

Message 14558 · Murray Wilson · 14 Nov 1998 19:56:11 · Top

A week ago, we whent to a local school Gala to watch some friends do an
outdoor demonstration,it turned out that they were dancing on a stage a bit
over a metre high. I took the camera with the hope of getting some good
shots and sat in the front row. I remarked to one of my friends later I was
just glad he didn't dance regimental.:-)))
I have done one or two demo's on stages and never thought
of it before.

Murray Wilson
Auckland NZ

Dress Code

Message 14568 · Pat Kent · 15 Nov 1998 18:07:27 · Top

demo group some years ago was photographed by one of those in the "know"
of what he wore under the kilt. WHITE BOXER SHORTS WITH BIG RED HEARTS.
His reply when given the photo was "Well I am at least noticed among all
these beautiful ladies"

regards from Nova Scotia
Pat Kent

Dress Code

Message 14583 · Richard L. Walker · 16 Nov 1998 03:52:01 · Top

After a recent incident, I wouldn't at all be surprised to receive
some "dark" non-regimentals for Christmas. I never thought about
it either. But then I never thought about getting my kilt and the
first time I sat down on a metal chair. WOW! No one mentioned
that to me either.

A week ago, we whent to a local school Gala to watch some friends
do an
outdoor demonstration,it turned out that they were dancing on a
stage a bit
over a metre high. I took the camera with the hope of getting some
good
shots and sat in the front row. I remarked to one of my friends
later I was
just glad he didn't dance regimental.:-)))
I have done one or two demo's on stages and never thought
of it before.

Dress Code

Message 14608 · Chris Collin · 16 Nov 1998 18:26:56 · Top

Richard L. Walker wrote:

> After a recent incident, I wouldn't at all be surprised to receive
> some "dark" non-regimentals for Christmas. I never thought about
> it either. But then I never thought about getting my kilt and the
> first time I sat down on a metal chair. WOW! No one mentioned
> that to me either.

Not to mention slipping on some ice and falling into a snowbank, in a
typical -35degrees Celsius Ottawa winter! Not something I even intend
to repeat.