strathspey Archive: Peat Fire Flame

Peat Fire Flame

Message 14335 · Freeman/Pavey · 6 Nov 1998 23:15:45 · Top

I'm missing the instructions for the last eight bars to Peat Fire Flame.
Could someone let me know what they are?
Thanks,
Susan,
Maberly
--
http://www.peterboro.net/~tay/
Scottish Country Dancing in Eastern Ontario

Peat Fire Flame

Message 14343 · Murray Wilson · 7 Nov 1998 04:58:05 · Top

At 16:18 6/11/98 -0500, you wrote:
>I'm missing the instructions for the last eight bars to Peat Fire Flame.
>Could someone let me know what they are?
>Thanks,
>Susan,
>Maberly
>--
>http://www.peterboro.net/~tay/
>Scottish Country Dancing in Eastern Ontario
>>Freeman & Pavey <tay@rideau.net>

Hi Susan,
33-36 2nd and third couples dance half rights and lefts
to bring them back to their own sides in top and third
places (omit the polite turns at the end
because the dancers finish two places apart).
First man casts off to below third place on ladies
side and then dances up the centre of the dance to meet his
partner,who casts up above top place on
the men's side and then dances down the centre of the dance.
37-40 1st couple turn by the right hand one and a quarter times to
finish in second place on own sides,but
stay facing out ready to cast off at the beginning
of the next turn of the dance.
2nd and third couples turn by the right hand.

I am dancing this great dance tonight at a Ball.

Cheers,
Murray Wilson.

Peat Fire Flame

Message 14544 · Martin.Sheffield · 13 Nov 1998 15:08:34 · Top

What is the generally accepted manner of dancing the half reels-4 in Peat
Fire Flame? Should 1st cp pass L shoulder or R?

(Not trying to reopen the old debate about which way we prefer, just
wanting to know what is prescribed for this particular dance.)

Martin,
Grenoble, France.
------------------ http://perso.wanadoo.fr/scots.in.france/
Cycling, country dancing ...

Peat Fire Flame

Message 14547 · Murray Wilson · 13 Nov 1998 19:40:53 · Top

At 14:13 13/11/98 +0100, you wrote:

>What is the generally accepted manner of dancing the half reels-4 in Peat
>Fire Flame? Should 1st cp pass L shoulder or R?
>
>(Not trying to reopen the old debate about which way we prefer, just
>wanting to know what is prescribed for this particular dance.)
>
>Martin,
>Grenoble, France.

Hi Martin,
The book clearly states left shoulder,in fact left is underlined.

Cheers

Murray Wilson
Auckland NZ