strathspey Archive: Dance Fees

Dance Fees

Message 13744 · SMiskoe · 24 Oct 1998 17:53:32 · Top

Ian is right when he says he won't play without 2 months notice. it takes at
least that to put together a good program, try out parts, revise, practice,
revise, etc. The problem often arises when the musicians are engaged far in
advance but the program doesn't arrive in spite of cajolling and pleading. A
late program leads to less than optimum music and it is the musicians who take
the blame for the deficiencies not the person who dragged their heels on
creating the dance list. An equal irritation is to be handed a program with
the admonition, it's ok and it's ging to the printer tomorrow.
Cheers,
Sylvia Miskoe,Concord, NH USA

Dance Fees

Message 13750 · Priscilla M. Burrage · 24 Oct 1998 20:37:22 · Top

On Sat, 24 Oct 1998 SMiskoe@aol.com wrote:

> Ian is right when he says he won't play without 2 months notice. it takes at
> least that to put together a good program, try out parts, revise, practice,
> revise, etc. The problem often arises when the musicians are engaged far in
> advance but the program doesn't arrive in spite of cajolling and pleading. A
> late program leads to less than optimum music and it is the musicians who take
> the blame for the deficiencies not the person who dragged their heels on
> creating the dance list. An equal irritation is to be handed a program with
> the admonition, it's ok and it's ging to the printer tomorrow.

For tonight's Harvest Social, I sent Sylvia the preliminary copy around
the first of May (That's six months advance notice, Ian; are you
jealous?). I attached a note that I wanted to print it in four weeks adn
would she please get her changes to me by then. (The band's input is very
inportant if you want really a good flow to your social.) Why four
weeks? I distribute copies at the Montreal weekend held the first weekend
of June. (Hi! Kathy and Fred, who played at the weekend in Bobby Brown's
band).

Anyone else out there belong to the PCSCDM (Preservation and Care of
Scottish Country Dance Musicians)? We can be recognized by our halos
in the form of a Celtic knot. . .
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Priscilla Burrage Vermont US
(pburrage@zoo.uvm.edu)

Dance Fees

Message 13765 · Ian Price · 24 Oct 1998 21:44:09 · Top

Message text written by INTERNET:strathspey@tm.informatik.uni-frankfurt.d=
>For tonight's Harvest Social, I sent Sylvia the preliminary copy around
the first of May (That's six months advance notice, Ian; are you
jealous?).<

No I'm delighted. You understand our needs perfectly, and I'm sure you're=
delight to play for.

See everyone, I _can_ be nice too! :-)

-2chter