strathspey Archive: Dancing in San Leandro CA

Dancing in San Leandro CA

Message 13173 · David Booz · 23 Sep 1998 03:27:27 · Top

I will be in San Leandro/Oakland CA from Wednesday Sept 23 to Monday Sept
28. Although I expect to be working 20 hour days, I am bringing my dance
shoes (hope springs eternal). What dancing opportunities are there within a
reasonable distance during that week?

Please respond privately, to save everyone else time and trouble.

Thanks a lot.

David Booz
Waterloo Ontario Canada

Dancing in San Leandro CA

Message 13174 · tlb · 23 Sep 1998 05:33:55 · Top

David, you can find a list of classes at this URL:

http://www.rscds-sf.pair.com/classes.html#sfclasses

The Berkeley class will be the closest to San Leandro, but San Jose,
Livermore, San Francisco, Burlingame, Mt. View, and Stanford classes are all
within reach also. I would estimate roughly 30 to 45 minutes or less to
each location from San Leandro.

~~~ Terry Barron
San Jose, CA

>I will be in San Leandro/Oakland CA from Wednesday Sept 23 to Monday Sept
>28. Although I expect to be working 20 hour days, I am bringing my dance
>shoes (hope springs eternal). What dancing opportunities are there within
>reasonable distance during that week?
>
>Please respond privately, to save everyone else time and trouble.
>
>Thanks a lot.
>
>David Booz
>Waterloo Ontario Canada
>

>--
>David Booz <dbooz@golden.net>

Dancing in San Leandro CA

Message 13317 · David Booz · 5 Oct 1998 18:09:12 · Top

Terry,

Thanks a lot for your message. While my week was very busy, I was able to
attend the class in Berkely on Friday night. Linda Baptiste sent me
addresses and phone numbers, so I was able to find it. It was very good -
people were friendly, the dancing was good, and Live Music!. Anne McIvor
was teaching, and I recognized her immediatlely - I stooged for her Teachers
Certificate exam last summer in St. Andrews.

So thanks again - this Strathspey thing really works!

All the best,

David Booz

>David, you can find a list of classes at this URL:
>
>http://www.rscds-sf.pair.com/classes.html#sfclasses
>
>The Berkeley class will be the closest to San Leandro, but San Jose,
>Livermore, San Francisco, Burlingame, Mt. View, and Stanford classes are all
>within reach also. I would estimate roughly 30 to 45 minutes or less to
>each location from San Leandro.
>
>~~~ Terry Barron
>San Jose, CA

Dancing in San Leandro CA

Message 13327 · Donald F. Robertson · 6 Oct 1998 09:34:15 · Top

I thought that there is, or was, a San Leandro class, just a
few blocks from the BART station. Does anyone know if this
class is still going?

-- Donald

--
_________________________
Donald F. Robertson

donaldrf@hooked.net

Donald's Space Exploration page:
http://www.hooked.net/~donaldrf/index.html

The known is finite, the unknown is infinite; intellectually
we stand on an islet in the midst of an illimitable ocean of
inexplicability. Our business in every generation is to
reclaim a little more land. -- Thomas Huxley.

Dancing in San Leandro CA

Message 13329 · George Gates · 6 Oct 1998 10:14:05 · Top

Donald,

No, unfortunatly this class did not last long. One of the main reasons
that I heard was the wooden floor was laid over a cement one. It would
have been nice for many people if one was in that area. Ailya Rose was
one of the main forces behind it and I hope she tries to find another
place to hold it.

George Gates
Berkeley, Laffayette class.