strathspey Archive: set to and turn corners.

set to and turn corners.

Message 10783 · Murray Wilson · 10 Feb 1998 12:06:25 · Top

Your not alone Alan,but it was a good point Angus made.
Cheers Murray Wilson murky@ix.net.nz

set to and turn corners.

Message 10784 · S.M. Gent · 10 Feb 1998 12:31:40 · Top

I appreciate what people are saying about having to manouvre other people
during the turns, but in my experience you can end up having to manouvre
them through the whole dance, especially in the likes of West Lothian.

I've always been taught to turn with pdb, so for me it is now natural and
not a problem.

Seonaid.

set to and turn corners.

Message 10786 · Tony_Gibbons · 10 Feb 1998 12:38:47 · Top

> I've always been taught to turn with pdb, so for me it is now natural and
> not a problem.
>

> Seonaid.

There speaks a young highland dancer!

Tony Gibbons

set to and turn corners.

Message 10822 · Bryan McAlister · 11 Feb 1998 11:45:37 · Top

In article <Pine.HPP.3.91.980210102539.15916B-100000@whale.students.stir
.ac.uk>, S.M. Gent <smg08@students.stir.ac.uk> writes
>I appreciate what people are saying about having to manouvre other people
>during the turns, but in my experience you can end up having to manouvre
>them through the whole dance, especially in the likes of West Lothian.

Being manoevred through a dance by Seonaid is all right. (even in West
Lothian
>I've always been taught to turn with pdb, so for me it is now natural and
>not a problem.
>

>Seonaid.
>
>--
>"S.M. Gent" <smg08@students.stir.ac.uk>

Bryan McAlister B. Arch RIBA ARIAS MaPS, Linlithgow,Scotland
Web page http://www.bryanmac.demon.co.uk
/\
_ _ / \
_/# #\__^__/____\_
__IIIII__#__IIIIII_________

set to and turn corners.

Message 10825 · Alan Paterson · 11 Feb 1998 11:57:26 · Top

Bryan McAlister wrote:

> Being manoevred through a dance by Seonaid is all right. (even in West
> Lothian

Looks Like Cole is going to have to extend his bios web-page to include pictures so we can
all judge the merits of this posting. You will provide a picture won't you Seonaid?

Alan

--
Alan Paterson
Berne, Switzerland

set to and turn corners.

Message 10838 · S.M. Gent · 11 Feb 1998 18:10:33 · Top

> > Being manoevred through a dance by Seonaid is all right. (even in West
> > Lothian
>
> Looks Like Cole is going to have to extend his bios web-page to include pictures so we can
> all judge the merits of this posting. You will provide a picture won't you Seonaid?

I would certainly be willing to provide a photograph, but I don't see how
that will help you decide whether or not I can do 2Hpdb turns or not.

set to and turn corners.

Message 10839 · Alan Paterson · 11 Feb 1998 18:20:21 · Top

S.M. Gent wrote:

> > > Being manoevred through a dance by Seonaid is all right. (even in West
> > > Lothian
> >
> > Looks Like Cole is going to have to extend his bios web-page to include pictures so we can
> > all judge the merits of this posting. You will provide a picture won't you Seonaid?
>
> I would certainly be willing to provide a photograph, but I don't see how
> that will help you decide whether or not I can do 2Hpdb turns or not.

Well, we might see if you have super-strong arm muscles :-)
Alan

--
Alan Paterson
Berne, Switzerland

set to and turn corners.

Message 10859 · Freeman/Pavey · 11 Feb 1998 22:03:00 · Top

Alan Paterson wrote:

> Looks Like Cole is going to have to extend his bios web-page to include
> pictures so we can all judge the merits of this posting. You will provide
> a picture won't you Seonaid?

A friend already offered to show me how to put low byte pictures on the
website.
I gave him a resounding NO. (Yes, that was a shout.)

Cole

set to and turn corners.

Message 10879 · Bryan McAlister · 12 Feb 1998 16:09:14 · Top

In article <34E1CF76.E13F753F@paranor.ch>, Alan Paterson
<alanp@paranor.ch> writes
>S.M. Gent wrote:
>
>> > Looks Like Cole is going to have to extend his bios web-page to include
>pictures so we can
>> > all judge the merits of this posting. You will provide a picture won't you
>Seonaid?
No one asked for my photo. Humpfhh!